Scrimmage

I got into position getting ready for the puck drop when I heard Dwayne and another boy talking.

"Great day for hockey ain't it?" Dwayne asked excitedly.

the boy then mimicked his accent. "sure is cowboy."

Their conversation was soon cut short with the whistle. So everybody started playing.

Dwayne got the puck and started skating down the ice until he passed it towards Luis who started going full speed to the net.

"Goldberg look out!" the coach yelled from the bench as Luis and Goldberg went flying straight into the net knocking it off its post.

Soon enough it was the middle of the game and the other team had the puck. They skated it down the ice and shot it at Julie to which she saved it.

"Nice save Julie!" I told her patting her on the shoulder.

she smiled putting the puck into the corner. "Thanks."

Everybody went to the corner battling for the puck until it was kicked out. The puck got picked up by a tall blond boy until he shot it into the net and scored.

After a few minutes it was near the end of the scrimmage and a boy with shoulder-length hair got the puck and got ready to take a shot.

Everybody on the other team quickly moved out of the way as fast as they could leaving me and my team confused.

"What a bunch of wussies," Dean exclaimed looking around and then back at the boy.

He then lifted his stick and took a slap shot.

The puck was coming straight towards my head before I jumped out of the way and landed on the ice with a big thump.

The puck then hit the crossbar and started bouncing everywhere hitting the roof, the glass I'm even pretty sure it bounced off somebody's helmet.

The puck then went flying towards the boards to see it hit the man in the leather jacket straight in the forehead.

Everybody gathered around the man called Mr. Tibbles.

I know his name now because the woman he was next to keep repeating it trying to get him to wake up.

"Mr. Tibbles are you alright?" the woman asked.

"Uh, I'll have the cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate shake, please," he responded making me and everybody else laugh.

"I think he'll be okay." the woman laughed before speaking up again. "Oh, I'm sorry. He didn't have a chance to introduce us. I'm Michelle Makay their tutor."

"Hi, I'm Gordon Bombay their coach."

Everybody then started yelling.

"Who says we need a tutor?" A kid asked.

I then agreed "Yeah we'll be fine."

Everybody then started agreeing and giving their opinions.

"Now miss Makay, we're America's team here shouldn't we just be concentrating on hockey?" Goldberg said wrapping his arm around the new tutor.

"can't there just be optional attendance," I suggested turning my attention to miss Makay. I heard a bunch of people agreeing with me on my idea. Saying things like 'yeah' 'i agree' or 'good idea'

"Well that's not a bad idea." she started "yes, school will be optional!"

As soon as she said that loud cheering filled my ears. I looked around to see people high-fiving each other and smiling.

"However." she started again looking around at all of us "should you not attend, you will not be eligible to play."

Everybody smiles then dropped before coach told us practice was over and that we could go.

I was finished taking off my equipment and about to leave the arena until the green-eyed brunette stopped me.

"I didn't get to introduce myself yet, I'm Charlie," he said putting his hand out for me to shake.

"I'm Y/N," I introduced, taking his hand in mine.

"So-"

He was then cut off by a loud crash.

I focused my attention to where I heard the noise. I then saw broken boards and three boys on a Zamboni.

Me and Charlie looked back at each other and laughed before I asked a question.

"Do they do things like that a lot?"

He just laughed even harder. "I'm gonna take that as a yes," I said jokingly as he just smiled and nodded.