Practice and sponsors

Time skip 1 week later

----------------------------

It was practice and we were all clumped up together tied with a rope. It had been a week since I had met everybody on the team and I have finally learned everyone's names.

"Somebody better watch their hands," Julie said while looking forward at the coach.

Averman then yelled agreeing. "Yeah someone licked me!"

"Do you guys smell that?" Somebody asked while sniffing the air. Everybody then scrunched up their face. "Goldberg!"

"It wasn't me!" He exclaimed.

Dean then raised both his hands in the air. "No, it was me!"

Everybody then groaned and yelled sarcastic remarks toward the tall boy in the middle until a whistle blew.

I turned my attention to Coach Bombay who was circling the group with his hands behind his back. "You're a team. And to win this thing you have to work as one. Now as one, skate."

Everybody then started moving but fell to the ice soon enough. Groans and yelling could be heard as the coach spoke up. "Everybody goes their own way, everyone falls down. Now get up and try it again."

Everybody then got up and I looked to my right to see Charlie. "This is not gonna go well," I told him as he refocused his eyes onto my face.

He then looked at me nodding. "I agree."

"All right, all of you move to your right. Now." Portman demanded as everybody shuffled to their right.

Fulton then spoke up. "Who made you boss? Everyone to the left."

Everybody then started to move their own way again and went toppling onto the ice. I hit the ice with a thump just for another person to fall on top of me.

I groaned with everybody else before I heard a worried voice. "Oh god, Are you okay? I'm so sorry I didn't-" Charlie started just for me to cut him off.

"It's okay don't worry about it," I told him as he then spoke again.

"Are you sure your alright I hope I didn't hurt you?" He said looking at me apologetically. I smiled and shook my head at him. "It's okay Charlie I'm not hurt."

"Okay, just making sure." He smiled back before the coach interrupted. "You guys can argue all you want. But I'm not untying you until you move as one."

Everybody then started to stand up.

"Here," Charlie said smiling extending a hand out for me to take.

I felt butterfly's in my stomach as he took my hand and pulled me up. "Thanks." I smiled.

"It was the least I could do, are you sure you're okay though," he asked again to fully make sure.

I laughed before reassuring him that I'm fine.

-------------------
Time skip 5 minutes.
-------------------

"Now you're learning! Communication! That's it!" Coach Bombay exclaimed while we all moved together in sync. "Good, together. Move together. Charge! All right!"

"Right turn! Turn right," he said making hand gestures to the right side.

-------------------
Time skip another 5 minutes.
-------------------

"You guys are starting to look like hockey players. I'm proud of ya, team. You worked hard today. But hockey should also be fun." he said circling the group with the rope.

Charlie gave me a look of confusion to which I returned when coach Bombay spoke up. "Rancher Dwayne."

Dwayne looked up at the coach before answering. "Yes, sir!"

"Round me up some stray cattle there," Coach told him as he soon gave the rope to Dwayne. Realization covered my face as me and the rest of the team started skating off and laughing.

"My pleasure!" he yelled, a big smile covering his face as he started swinging the rope around.

I started skating around when a whistle was blown and Averman got caught. "Y/N give me your hand!" Charlie said as he skated beside me giving me his hand.

I smiled and held it as we skated around trying our best not to get caught. Charlie started laughing as I almost tripped over my own skate. I started laughing as well.

Dwayne then started chasing us before tossing the lasso around us both. We both laughed as Coach soon blew his whistle smiling as me and Charlie skated towards the bench.

The game went on for a few more minutes until coach decided that dancing would be a better idea. So everybody started moving around tapping their feet to the beat until the practice was over.

After practice, we headed to the lunchroom where we got to see a huge cereal box with our team photo on the front.

"Today it's a Wheaties box, tomorrow it's video games, action figures, lunch boxes the sky is the limit," Tibbles said as I zoned out for a little bit thinking about the tournament until I heard Tibbles speak again. "Check out one of these!"

Tibbles flashed a bright blue jersey that had USA written on the front.

Everybody ran up to the box to go get their jersey except for me and Charlie.

He had a disappointed look on his face as he spoke to the coach. "That's nice, coach, but we're the ducks. This stuff says Hendrix all over it," he said moving the coach's jersey around while looking at it.

"Yeah well, they're our sponsors Charlie," Coach responded while looking at him.

Charlie looked at the jersey then back at him. "So what? can't we be USA ducks? Or at least keep our own colours."

"It's business stuff Charlie Don't worry about it." coach said as he patted Charlie's shoulders and stood up from his seat.

"I'm sure it'll be okay Charlie," I reassured.

He gave me a soft smile before looking back at the team.