Girlfriend

Flurried thoughts flowed though Langa's mind as he tried to process the situation. He was completely shocked by Reki's reaction. Langa barely acknowledged the presence of a cold hand intertwining itself with his.

"Langa, it's okay, I didn't want to ride on his board anyways. I like yours much better." Ema whispered, attempting to draw Langa away from his reluctant friend.

Langa pulled away from her disheartendly , advancing towards Reki once more. He decided to cut Reki off to get a clear look at him.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking downwards to to meet Reki's eyes.

"Langa, please. I just want to go home."

"I just want to know what's going on. I care about you. Tell me what's happening , Reki." He said, eyebrows creasing.

"Your attention has been on yourself and your girlfriend for weeks, but now you want to know what's going on with me? The world doesn't revolve around you, Langa! You can't just set someone aside and then come back to fake simpathy when you finally remember them," Reki retorted, "why won't you just leave me alone?"

"Reki, I've been busy. I have priorities, and my girlfriend is one of them. It's not fair of you to to think I'm self centered. I'm giving myself some attention for once, and I think I deserve it. Why are you acting out?"

Reki inhaled sharply, a brush of sadness and the selling of tears had developed internally. Tears he'd have to deal with later.

Joe, who had seen the two boys argue, quickly tried to intervene. "Reki, Langa, that's enough. You're geting a few stares, maybe you too should talk about this somewhere else."

"No." Reki responded, caking on weight to an already heavy atmosphere. Ruthlessly, he drew in Langa by the collar, bringing them inches apart from each other.

As he stared down the other man, heat rose to Langa's cheeks. Though, he was positive that it wasn't from embarrassment.

"I want everyone to hear this. Langa, I'm done being your fucking shadow." Reki spat.

"We should settle it in a real 'S' match. Let's have a beef. Meet me here tomorrow at 8:00, unless you'll be too busy with her." Reki glanced over at Ema, then back to Langa.

Langa tore himself away from Reki's straining grasp, looking the redhead with a disturbed expression.

"Fine. Tomorrow."

•••

Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen.

"Reki, you don't have to do this." Joe spoke calmly.

Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty.

"You two can just talk, acting on impulse isn't healthy." Cherry said, trying to get the other's attention.

Twenty three, Twenty four, Twenty-

"Reki!" A sudden yell forced Reki onto his elbows and knees, stopping him from continuing his push ups as his concentration was deterred from his work out. Rubbing on one of his now tender arms, he looked towards the cause of his fall.

"Miya, none of this is your business." he motioned his eyes away from his younger friend.

"Both of you are acting ridiculous. What's wrong with you two? Why can't you just communicate normally?" He stated, refusing to let up.

"I already tried to do that with him. He doesn't talk to me anymore ever since he and Ema became a couple. He's just been waiting to replace me." Reki dor

"Ema's his girlfriend, Reki. You're his best friend, you're supposed to support him. Why can't you do that? Why do you loathe her so much?" Reki didn't understand how Miya seemed to know so much with so little information.

"Because I don't want him to love her! I want him to love-" Reki then closed his mouth quickly as a response to his on words. He realized what he was about to say was a truth that he was not ready to admit to anyone, not even to himself.

"I'm doing this." He spoke under his breath, walking out of the restaurant door.

"All of you can side with me, or against me."

•••

"You're going to skate against him?" Ema asked  Langa calmly. She had come to Langa's apartment to check on him. When he had threw open his front door with his skateboard in hand, she knew what events were soon to occur.

His clothes were rumpled, unironed and untucked, along with hair which was so unkempt that he had appeared to have just gotten out of bed.

Langa stared at her with a confused look, his brain taking far too long to process a simple question.

"I was about to. Come in." He gestured inside, ruffling his own hair roughly. Collapsing on his living room's sofa, Langa pushed his head back and gazed at the ceiling.

"Have you slept? You look exhausted." She commented, sitting next to him.

When she was left without an answer, Ema calmly put her hand on top of his.

"Are you two fighting over me?"

"What?"

"I remember you two, from the boat. I know that he wanted to approach me, but I was on the phone. Does he still like me? I can try to shut him down if you'd like. He's being a nuisance."

Her words flowed into his mind like a toxic acid, a puff of red clouded his vision. Springing up from the couch, he pulled his hand away from hers quickly.

Langa stared back at the other with a glare of disgust.

"Don't ever talk about Reki like that."

Hi readers! I decided to change my update days to Sundays, they're a more comfortable day for me. Thank you for talking the time out of your day to read this chapter.

Langa and Reki's relationship will develop a lot more in chapters soon to come, I hope you stick around for them!

Thanks!