The internet is always right

The rising sun cast a faint orange hue on the morning sky, paintbrush steaks of gold were added to create a perfect picture.

Through slightly opened blinds, the sun shone brightly in Langa's room, bouncing off of the monotone blues whites and grays of his wall.

His tired morning face was illuminated with the sunrise, causing him to squint. The boy had been staring at his own ceiling.

Langa Hesagawa is a thinker. He's the type to think for hours on end about certain things or events that wrack his brain.

Thoughts of this past week of school had been growing painfully in his mind.

The main question scraping at him, did he like Ema?

The boy could admit he's never met a person like her, someone so level headed in every situation but who had no lack of a charming personality was new to him. He felt as if he could resonate with her on a personal level, and that satisfied him.

But the ideas in general about truly liking somebody really stunned him. Langa couldn't remember the last time he'd had a genuine crush, let alone having all of these emotions run rampant in his soul.

With a bit of hesitation, Langa picked up his cellphone and typed in what he felt to be one of the world's most stupid questions, 'how to tell if you like someone'.

Numerous results popped up on his screen, naturally he went to the first link. There was a list of questions on the website, all gesturing towards romance. There were a couple of people that had left answers under some of the questions as well, which he decided to read through.

With a multitude of sporadic and positive comments, people were abuzz in their replies about realizing their love for a person has gone on for a long time without them knowing. Langa became even more confused.

In short, he was only able to answer positively to 1 of the 4 questions. Langa began thinking that the quiz was dumb near its end, convincing himself that the questions were inaccurate.

I feel more of these things with Reki than with Ema.

Langa slowly processed his own thought. He never realized that his own words could startle him so much.

Blue eyes grazed over the illuminated screen again, combing though more questions throughly.

Only this time, his object of affection had shifted.

Is meeting with this person the highlight of your day?

Of course, seeing him makes me feel good. Langa had thought. He remembered previously he felt giddy when he and Reki's fists collided.

Though the gesture was generally a more friendly thing to do, the vibe from their hand shake was just different.

It was special.

Do you ever catch yourself sneaking glances at them in classes, or just in general?

"Sometimes I do, but it's just to check on him." Langa answered aloud in a whisper, speaking to no one but the words flowing across his screen.

Do you feel like they complete you?

"Of course he does, we're meant to be with each other." He'd answered, questioning the question itself.

What else would a best friend be for? He thought.

Would you mind if the two of you were the last two people on earth? If you were to stay together infinitely, how would you feel?

"I want to infinitely skate together with you!"  This phrase echoed around Langa's head like a rubber ball in an empty room.

I said I wanted to skate together with him.

Or do I want to be together with him?

"No, none of this makes sense." Langa stated, his sentence trailing.

His oringinal topic was Ema.

Ema should've been the answer to all of his questions.

Ema should've been the one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.

Then why was Reki stuck in the front of his mind?

What should I do? Langa thought. Should he pursue Ema or sink into whatever he was feeling now?

"It'll be like trial and error, you know?" Reki's words struck the back of his brain, echoing and projecting themselves brightly.

"Trial and error." He whispered to himself.

Langa then clearly saw what he was set to do.

Hey!

I want to thank you for your support by reading this chapter

I also wanted to announce that I will now be updating on Saturdays. Wednesday was my first day of school, so I had to skip out in the update, sorry about that!

Thanks again, you're highly appreciated.