OUT OF THE FRYING PAN AND INTO THE FIRE

CLARA'S POV

We ran into the nearby trees the wargs following close behind. They jumped onto the trees knocking them over. We kept jumping from tree to tree until we were on the last tree. Gandalf started to hand us burning pinecones to throw at the wargs. Soon the tree we were on fell leaving us hanging off the tree.

                     THORIN'S POV

As the tree started to fall Azog stepped out of the raging fire. "It can't be." I mumbled. Suddenly a thought hit me. What if I can kill him? Get revenge? Gathering my strength I hauled myself up and started to walk towards the filth. As I got up the filth grinned. It was almost as if he wanted me to kill him. "What if it's a trap?" A small voice in the back of my head asked. "Nonsense." I told it. As I advanced I started to run, picking up pace.

Azog dashed forward knocking me over. As I was laying on the ground Azog's warg bent down and bit me. Darkness started to cut in and out. With a final blow Azog sent me flying backwards. The last thing i saw was my Bilbo step in front of me. Protecting me. Darkness cut in and I welcomed it.

                           BILBO'S POV

Thorin got off the tree to face Azog only to be knocked out. I rushed off the tree and stood in front of him, protectively. I killed the orc that tried to attack. Nothing was going to hurt my Thorin any more than he already was. I was getting ready to attack the other orcs when the others came. All of them attacking and killing the orcs. Even I helped kill some until I got flung aside. Then the most miraculous thing happened. The eagles arrived! They picked us up and one gingerly picked up Thorin.

They carried us far and long. We flew until we reached a cliff with greenery everywhere. As they dropped us off I could have sworn my Thorin was dead. Luckily he woke up but what he said was once again cruel and hurtful. "You! What were you doing? You almost got yourself killed! Did I not tell you that you were a burden, you will not survive in the wild, you have no place amidst us?" As he said these words he came closer and closer. "I have never been so wrong in my life." He said pulling me into a hug. Behind us Kili and Fili were almost bursting with laughter while Clara gave me the thumbs up.

I smiled and whispered into Thorin's ear. "I love you so much. I was afraid I had lost you." "I love you too. I'm sorry I have doubted you." He said kissing me. I pleasingly kissed back. Suddenly Thorin pulled back and stared at something behind me. All the dwarves had started to stare too. Turning around I saw what they were starting at. "Is that what I think that is?" I asked. "Erebor." Gandalf announced. "Our home." Thorin said looking at me. "Well, I do believe the worst is behind us." I said. I just stood there for a moment enjoying the moment when Thorin entwined our fingers. I smiled up at him and cuddled closer.