The secret spreads

Rebekah POV

"Well is she going to tell him? She's not going to say anything right? What are we gonna do?" Alaric rushed out anxiously. "Woah, calm down. She promised not to tell anyone, she said she knows that if she was in my position she wouldn't want everyone to know" Charlotte explained calmly. "And you trusted her" he replied in disbelief.

"Yes, I trusted her. I believe what she was saying. If she wasn't being truthful all the Mikaelsons would be here right now questioning us" the girl spoke softly. Alaric eventually agreed. "Alright, but if she says anything then we are going to have a huge problem" the older man told his kids mother further expressing his concern. "I know" Charlotte told him. What? What is Charlotte hiding about my family.

I heard Alaric heading towards the door so quickly vamp sped away waiting until he left so I could speak to Charlotte without the control freak there. Whatever they are hiding he seems more anxious to let my family find out so I ultimately came to the conclusion that I needed to approach Charlotte when she was on her own. I listened in on them saying there goodbyes and waited for Charlotte to be alone in her office so I could speak to her more privately.

Third person POV

Rebekah knocked on Charlottes office door anxiously waiting for her to tell her to come in. Once she did she could see the shocked and confused look on Charlottes face no matter how well she tried to hide it. "We need to talk, I need to ask you about something important" Rebekah told her former best friend. "Yeah, I think we do" Lottie replied with a small smile.

"So you have kids?" Rebekah said with a happy smile, her and her former friend were talking like friends like nothing had happened, and she wanted to revel in it for as long as she could before she had to admit to Lottie that she had heard her and her colleagues conversation and wanted some sort of an explanation. "Mhm, all 5 of the terrors you met earlier two sets of twins and a single child. Alec and Lily the eldest then Henrik and lastly Lizzie and Josie" Charlotte spoke fondly thinking of her kids.

"If you don't mind me asking how did that happen if you turned during your first pregnancy?" She asked hopeful that there may be a chance of her to have a family of her own. "Well Henrik is adopted we adopted him into our family when he was still a baby and Lizzie and Josie aren't biologically mine" she told her friend before going into the story of how Lizzie and Josie were magically implanted into her while the Gemini covern were trying to save there last set of twins. "So Alaric is Lizzie and Josies dad, Henrik's parents are unknown so who's Alec and Lily's father" Rebekah questioned confused on who there dad could be.

Little did she know she was only seconds away from figuring out the best well kept secret that had haunted Charlotte for the last 17 years. How does someone react to that sort of news? How do you tell someone oh, hey I carried your only other partially human living relatives in my womb 17 years ago and don't freak out your brother who's not their father was at there birth. Surprise. It's not exactly the best conversation starter.

Seeing Charlotte's reluctance to speak Rebekah started to piece everything she knew about the twins together in her mind. Were-witches. Unknown father. Important news. Klaus could have kids. 17 years old. She gasped as her eyes widened in realization her mouth wide open as she sat in shock. The had silence said it all. "There dad is Klaus. Nik's their father and that day you came to see us to tell us the important news it was that you were pregnant" Rebekah said aloud and one look at her ex friends face said it all.

"And what you were on about with Alaric about not telling us something, who else in my family knows there my niece and nephew?" She quizzed. "You were listening in on my conversation?" Charlotte asked dumbfounded. "Not intentionally and that's all you got from what I just said" she argued. "Kol and Freya. Freya could sense them being apart of the Mikaelson witch bloodline and about Kol he was there the day they were born, the day all of my kids were born" Charlotte explained. Rebekah sat there staring at her friend in shock.

"So when he disappeared for days to do 'stuff' he was here with you and the kids. How the hell did Kol manage to keep a secret for 17 years he has the biggest mouth" the blonde original laughed. "I'm kind of pissed I didn't know first but I can live with that" she sent her friend a small smile.

Rebekah assured Charlotte she wasn't going to tell Nik what she'd found out and it was up to her to choose when and if to tell him. The two vampires talked for awhile reminiscing about their past and caught up on the past 17 years of their lives the good and the bad before the older of the two had to leave. Both of them happy that they'd got there friend back.

—————————————————————————————————————————-

So I know this chapter is really short but I just got back into the habit of writing this story again and I'm just glad I managed to complete this chapter and publish it for you guys to read. I'm sorry I've been gone a while but I'm back now so I'm going to get back on track with this book again.

I absolutely love Rebekah and Charlottes friendship and I wasn't sure whether I wanted Rebekah or hope to be the one who heard the conversation but I ended up choosing Rebekah and I really like how it turned out, because I have a way better for how Hope is going to find out and react to having siblings.

I've got an idea of how I want Klaus to react when he finds out about his kids but I'm not sure whether I want he to be angry and flip out or be calm about it so lmk what you think.