Uncle vs Uncle

Kol POV

"That sneaky bastard" I uttered before vamp speeding out of Charlottes office. Me and Damon Salvatore have had a competition about who's the kids favourite uncle for as long as I can remember. It's obviously me because well why wouldn't it be. But now Damon's come back from wherever he was and is trying to make the kids prefer him. I scoff at the thought of Damon Salvatore ever being the kids favourite uncle.

It's mainly just a competition of who can get the kids whatever they want and getting them to admit who their favorite uncle is. Stefan used to be apart of it but Damon and I teamed up to get him out because out of all three of us it definitely isn't him. Damon's a cheat anyway striking when I'm not there, taking Caroline with him as backup and letting Charlotte distract me with school stuff when he's with the kids. It's obvious that he knows he's not the favorite so is resorting to other methods.

"I'm the best vampire uncle obviously" I heard his overly annoying voice say. "Sorry Damon I already claimed that roll" I smirk at him. "God I'm having deja vu" Caroline muttered. I smirked thinking back at the memory of when we found out Charlotte was pregnant for the first time. "I mean the Xbox I bought is still in Alecs room. Where did yours go? Oh that's right they sold it." I told him.

"You sold the Xbox I bought you" he said to Alec in disbelief. "Sorry uncle Damon, uncle Kol's was just better" Alec told him with a smile. Damon turned around and glared at me and I glared back neither of us backing down. "Staring contest" Henrik shouted before all the kids started cheering. "Children actual children" Caroline spoke in distaste.

We were at it for 20 minutes before we called it a draw. "You know I looked away a couple seconds after you so technically I won" Damon said smirking at me. "You wish Salvatore I could have gone all day besides I definitely looked away after you" I replied cockily.

"You know what you've always wanted a snake right Henrik" I said grinning at him. "I mean yeh, but mom and Alaric would kill us all if we got a snake" He reasoned. "Ew ew ew, no we are not having a little slimy thing in our house" Lily said looking at me distastefully. "I agree we are not having a snake, I don't want little crawly things everywhere when you have to feed it" Lizzie exclaimed with a shiver. Me and Damon look at each other challengingly.

"Whoever gets him the cooler snake is the favorite uncle" Damon said smirking. "Oh your on" I exclaimed. "Are you out of your minds. I swear if you bring a snake anywhere near me we will have a serious problem" Caroline screeched. "I agree with aunt Caroline you two have officially lost it" Josie exclaimed. "I think a snake would be pretty cool" Alec said smiling at the irritated look coming from the girls. "You know what I second that. 3..2..1..Go" Henrik grinned. I didn't even think about it before vamp speeding to find a snake.

Damon POV

I didn't even have a second before I looked to my right realizing that Kol had already gone and vamp speeding after him. I took 30 minutes finding the perfect snake and putting it in a cage before returning back to the school. Kol was already there when I returned but what confused me was that Caroline was hysterically screaming on the couch. "Well at least you have some brains uncle Damon" Josie told me.

"What did you do?" I asked Kol narrowing my eyes at him suspiciously. He cleared his throat before speaking. "Turns out snakes need cages and you can't just put them on the ground without loosing them" he said sheepishly scratching the back of his neck. "What you lost the snake?" I exclaimed with wide eyes. "Well I wouldn't say that I lost it, I just misplaced it" he attempted to make it sound better. "My mom is going to kill you both if she finds out there's a snake loose in the school" Lily stated the obvious.

"We know that Lillian so why don't you help us find it, come in kids you know you want to" I tried. "Yeh, no you two started it so you can fix it" Lizzie told me and Kol. "I'm allergic to snakes. What if a snake bite can kill me, what if it can kill a vampire. Oh my god were all as good as dead. I swear Kol, Damon if you don't find that snake I'll kill both of you" Caroline Stated. "I can't be killed darling" Kol replied smugly. "You've died once I'll find away to make it happen again" Caroline threatened.

"I think we should find the snake before Charlotte finds out because we both know that if anyone gets hurt she will find a way to put us both down" I told him. "Probably a good idea" he replied. "Right Lily go distract your mother everyone else need to help find this snake" Kol told the kids.

"And if anyone asks what your doing say your looking for something but under no circumstances do we state there is a snake on the loose. Got it?" They all nodded before disappearing to look for the snake. I left the room  I was looking for around 10 minutes before freezing in my tracks at my name being called. "Damon. Mind explaining why there's a snake loose in my school full of children" Charlotte stated annoyed. What he hell happened to Lily's distraction I thought to myself.

"About that, it was Kol" I said before vamp speeding away. "Snake" I heard someone yell from the library. I started heading towards the library where many people were running out of the room screaming. Kol came in through the other entrance both of us looking at each other wide eyed before rushing around trying to find the snake. "Maybe it left the room" I said nervously to Kol. "Yeh maybe" he replied in a fake hopeful tone, us both knowing full well we'd lost it.

"Or it's right here" Charlottes voice boomed from across the room. Kol and I turned quickly towards her with sheepish smiles. "We knew where it was sunshine, we just let it get to far away" Kol attempted. "You knew where it was? Really? Well then where was it Kol" she asked him. I smirked at him thinking that I got let off. Oh how wrong I was. "Damon, I don't know what your smirking at there's another snake with Henrik that managed to get out of its cage because you didn't close it properly" she scolded.

"Lottie how about we sit down and we can explain" I explained with a questioning smile. "Nice try boys but you are so not getting out of being on cleaning duty. Speaking of, the little kids are doing arts and crafts with paint and glitter today and when there done those floors better be shining. I'll get you one of those cleaners outfits you know hair caps n'all" she finished with a bright smile.

"This is your fault" I spoke towards Kol whilst pointing at him accusingly. "My fault. If you would just except I'm the favourite we wouldn't have this problem" he argued. "As if" I mumbled. "Children please" Charlotte told us making us redirect our glared from each other to her. She raised her eyebrows with her hand on her hip. "Stop sulking your not 2 year olds" she said before turning on her heel and leaving.

—————————————————————————————————————————

I really enjoyed writing this chapter and giving you a taste of the whole Damon Kol dynamic. I'm not sure what I think of certain parts of the chapter so I might delete parts and rewrite them.

I'll get back on track with the actual plot and will probably put some Klarlotte scenes or Rebeklotte scenes in the next chapter either way she's going to be interacting with the Mikaelsons.

Don't forget to vote on my book and lmk what you think of it in the comments. <3