Chapter 6 - I won't hesitate to protect her

Rays's POV

'What if they don't like me? What if they hate me?' I though to myself, as we arrived to the Seattle airport..

Edward looked at me, examining my expression. He could see my tensed face.

"You look worried." He said with a concerning look.

"I am nervous. This is the first time, I am going to meet them."

"Hey, don't worry. I am going to be there with you. And I know they will love you." he said caressing my cheeks gently. I let out a sigh. And take in a lot of air, puffing my cheeks. I turn my expression into my 'ready to fight mode' expression. Edward lets out a chuckle.

"You are so cute. haha." he said. I blushed hearing his words. He notices me blushing, and smirked at me.

Nox came towards us and led us to our plane.

"Oh no! I forgot that Alice can see the future! She will know that we are coming!" Edward said, worried that his surprise would fail.

"Oh, I have covered that long before. Remember, when you walked into our house as felt this wave in the air?" I said, trying to make him remember.

"Yeah. Why?"

"That was us. We casted a protection spell over you. No ones gift and power will work on you. Except ours cause we are the ones to cast it." I explained to him. He nodded his head understanding what I said.

"That's kinda cool." he said smiling. I smiled back at him.

My eyes looked into Edward's. Then, I shifted it to his lips. He look at my lips too. It was our way for consent to kiss. He pushed his lips against mine. We made the kiss deeper. Then we heard someone clearing their throat. We pull apart. It was Nox. It's always Nox. I let out a sigh. The kiss felt so good....

'Dang you, Nox. When you are in a relationship I will do the same thing.' I though.

"You know that I can hear you, right?" Nox asked.

"Yes, I know. That was meant for you to hear." I replied, faking a smile on my angry face.

We finally reached Edward home in Forks. The drive was nice. Edward holds my hand as we get out of the car. Edward took me towards their home. Nox followed beside me.

"It's a beautiful house. Very open." I said looking at the house.

"Esme designed it." Edward said with a smile.

"She did?! Is she into designing?'" I asked him excited. He let out a chuckle, seeing me so excited.

"Yea, sorta. We don't really have much to do. So we try new things. Esme like to design and to do decorations. You guys have that in common." He said leading me and Nox into the house.

All of his family came to the door hearing us. They all looked stunned.

"Edward, welcome home. You brought guest." His father said looking towards me and Nox, after hugging Edward.

"Edward? You are back?" A girl said walking down the stairs. Edward looked shocked to see her. I knew it's Bella. I knew it from her thoughts. She was happy to see he. A little to happy.

Nox gave me a look. He read her thoughts too. Nox's temper was about to rise. I could tell from his expression. But, when he felt Edward's emotions, he smirked. And so did I. He only had me in his heart. He doesn't love Bella at all. Not anymore at least. He was angry at his family for letting her in. You can tell from his expression.

'Why is she here? Why did they let her in? Ah! They had to ruin Ray's first visit to my house!' He thought in his angry voice.

Nox lets out a chuckle reading Edward's thoughts. I just smile reading his thoughts and tightened the grip of our hands. He notices it, and tries to cool down. He smiled at me with a sorry expression, looking into my eyes, and thought,

'I am fine now. Thank you. I am sorry that your first visit is like this.'

'It's ok. I am ok with it. No need to say sorry.' I thought, so he can read it.

He smiled and looked back at his family, who looked confused as to why we were looking at each other, as if we were talking silently. And why me and Nox were smiling and laughing, when there was nothing to laugh about.

"I am back for a reason. I am not here to stay. I wanted to introduce you to them. These people are important to me. And I would like it, if you would respect it." Edward started.

"Edward, we have called you so many times. Why didn't you pick up the phone? I wasn't able to see your future after you left. We were all so worried. Bella was so worried. You left her in such a bad state." A pixie hair- cut girl said.

So, she is Alice. The one who can see the future.

"Alice, I know how I left her and I made a clean break. Anyways, I am not here for her. I wanted to introduce you guys to my special people." Edward said.

Bella looked confused. She shifted her eyes from Edward to me, and then to our hands. She saw Edward holding my hand. Her expression turned sour.

"This is the love of my life." He said putting both of his hands on my shoulders. "Her name is Ray. And, this is her twin brother, Nox." He announced with a big smile. We both smile towards his family, waving our hands.

"How could you do this to me, Edward? Don't you love me? Not even a little?" Bella said looking hurt. But, her feelings are not that hurt.

"I don't love you, Bella. And don't you people dare think about not liking them. She is my mate. She is the one I am willing to protect with all my life. I won't hesitate to protect her." As he said these words, my heart felt so happy and glad to have met him. I give him a smile with watery eyes.

"Your eyes are golden again." he smiled. "Just the way I like them. Beautiful." he said wiping my tears and kissing my cheeks. "Nox, you too. Your is royal blue."

"Just overwhelmed by your feelings for my sister and hers for you. I am happy for both of you. He loves you a lot, Roro. My heart is filled with happiness." Edward nodded to Nox's statement, smiling. Nox gave Edward a glad smile.

"Did you fall for another human now?" Roselie said looking at me.

"No. I am not. Well not exactly." Edward replied. "She is a witch. So is her brother."

*****

*End of Chapter*

*****

Hello, I am Maya, the author of this story. I hope you guys enjoy this story and comment on it. I would love to hear feedbacks. 

Hey, guys. I need your help, readers. Can you guys please help me think of a ship name for Ray and Edward? 😣 I thought, who else could be better for this job than my readers? Thank you for your time, love, and support! 

Have a nice day, guys! See u in the next chapter! 

Hint hint... Nox will soon find his love in the next 10 chapters! Can
you guys guess who?

My story just got a 100 views! Thank you guys! Here is another chapter for today! Love you guys!