Chapter 92: Happy New Year

Just as Ye Ci had remembered, Fleeting Time's moves were like a lackluster blade. It might not look good, but it was definitely deadly. Ye Ci felt that she had done her best, but Fleeting Time was still calm and composed.

The time was up, and the system determined that the duel ended in a draw.

Both of them exited combat status. Although the difference between their remaining HP was not high, Ye Ci knew that her skills were slightly inferior to that of Fleeting Time. She had basically used all of the additional abilities that came with her equipment, but Fleeting Time was able to suppress her with the Hunter's original ability, not allowing her to gain the upper hand. If the duel lasted for 8 minutes, or even 6 minutes, it would not have ended with a draw.

She would definitely be the one who had lost.

"Thanks for the lesson." Fleeting Time had already slung his bow. He walked up to Ye Ci and extended his hand.

Ye Ci pursed her lips, which then formed into a slight arc. She then put her hand into his and said softly, "I will surpass you."

"That seems to be quite unlikely." Fleeting Time raised his eyebrows. He squeezed Ye Ci's fingers softly and let go of her hand politely. He turned around and left.

Ye Ci took in a deep breath and left as well. Both of them walked towards their own party. They acted as if it was just an ordinary duel, and in reality, it was indeed merely an ordinary duel.

"Fleeting Time, was she good?" Absalom chuckled as he observed Fleeting Time's calm face, "I heard that she's the best Hunter in the Eastern Continent."

"She's good." Fleeting Time gave a very objective evaluation. "She's still slightly inexperienced, but..." He then paused.

"But what?"

Fleeting Time recalled every moment of his duel with Ye Ci, and shook his head, "Nothing." He replied as he looked back. The Huntress was walking slowly towards her own party.

If he was not wrong, she had the potential to be a first-rate Hunter. It seemed that he had quite a lot of competition.

"Uhh, guild leader, that was definitely an educational video for hunters. It's just amazing!"

The members of Upwards Ho! were still chattering joyously. Although Ye Ci had a draw with Fleeting Time, it did not affect their mood. They were happy that they had won the first place of the Dragon Dance competition.

Ye Ci only shrugged. She did not wish to spoil the cheerful mood, "It was just a duel, nothing educational there."

Bai Mo noticed something wrong with Ye Ci's expression. He walked to her side and asked in a low voice, "What is it? You feel bad over having a draw?"

Ye Ci pursed her lips. She had no way of telling Bai Mo that Fleeting Time was one of the milestones in her life that she had worked so hard, but failed, to surpass. She was slightly saddened by the fact. Noticing her mood, Bai Mo did not say much and instead patted her. "It was just a duel, don't let it get to you. They're from the Western Continent, you'll have more chances in the future."

Exactly. They were enemies, and she had a lot of opportunities.

With that thought, Ye Ci's spirit was lifted. That's right, it was still in the early stages of the game. She would have more chances to face off against him.

The next time she met this person, she would not lose.

It was unknown that if it was intentional or unintentional, but the awards ceremony of the competition was delayed until the duel ended. Just when Ye Ci was being gloomy, Wang Jiangnan's voice rang up again, "What an exciting duel. It sure added more fun to our event. We would now like to invite the top 3 leaders of the lightweight tier to the stage."