Chapter 78: Van der Loof's Request

Fate is a large scale game. Different players have their own social circles. Even NPCs have their own social circles. The lord of Oasis City, Van der Loof, and the lord of Red Lake City, Sha'gar, were comrades that fought side by side in the Great War. They were very close to each other. However, because the distance between their cities was great, the two lords normally would communicate with each other through letters.

Despite the distance, the friendship of the two lords was as thick as blood. They treated each other's citizens in a friendly manner as well. This was why Ye Ci was not punished for barging into the City Hall and was instead received as a visitor.

Of course, the only reason she had dared to barge into the City Hall was exactly because she had knowledge of the relationship between the two city lords. Had it not been the case, she would've been chased out of Oasis City by the sentries, and her prestige in the city would also drop.

The relationship between the NPCs of each continent was recorded in the public library. As long as players were willing to invest time in the library, they would discover a lot of secrets about Fate. But players were generally always busy leveling up, so who would actually think of going to the library? Ye Ci was no exception. In her last life, she was forced to hide in the library for 2 months to evade her foes. Out of boredom, she had read all the history of the continent during her stay, and was able to gain much knowledge from her experience.

"Your Honor." Ye Ci bowed towards the mayor as she was led into his office, "I have something important to report."

"And what would that be, our friend from Red Lake City?" The mayor was of course not the city lord, but simply a "butler" appointed by the lord. Their behavior varied, just like the behavior of any other human being. The mayor of Oasis City was apparently much more sincere than the mayor of Red Lake City.

"As I was going through the Green Ark, I saw a gigantic skeleton heading straight for Oasis City. Oasis City and Red Lake City have always maintained a good relationship. As a citizen of Red Lake City, how could I ignore this matter? This is why I made my way here as fast as I could to report my sightings to you, Your Honor." Ye Ci looked at the the mayor with an expression full of sincerity, totally ignoring the fact that she had twisted the truth.

"What? A giant skeleton?" The mayor of Oasis City immediately stood up, alarmed. He was able to quickly hide his worried expression as he nodded at Ye Ci, "Dear friend, please rest here for a moment. I will send some of my soldiers to check it out." He immediately gave out his orders.

Before long, a soldier returned, "Sir, a giant skeleton has breached through the city's outer defensive shield and is now heading to our middle tier shield."

The mayor was anxious. "Dear friend, thank you for bringing us this news, I thank you in my lord's stead. I'm in a rush now, I have to inform the City Lord of this." Said the mayor promptly as he rushed towards the City Lord's castle.

The administration officer and the captain of the guard who were left in the office discussed the contingency plans against the giant skeleton, and none of them paid attention to Ye Ci. She stood in a corner and looked out of the office's window, staring at the activity far away while reading the rants of players in the map chat channel.

The Nameless Zealot had become bigger. When he was at the secret chamber, Ye Ci noticed that the Nameless Zealot was only 3 times larger than her. But he had already grown to the point where he was even taller than the city wall of Oasis City. It was apparent that the Nameless Zealot was growing. Countless spells flew towards the Nameless Zealot and splashed across his bones. But when the Nameless Zealot swung his arm, countless white lights flickered, reaping the lives of an unknown amount of players.