Chapter 57: Bane of the Automatons

After clearing the daily quest in Red Lake City, Ye Ci saw a figure walking into the municipal building. It was Remote Depths.

"I thought you had some quests to attend to? Why are you still loitering around?" Ye Ci laughed at Remote Depths. This future top tier MT was still a poverty-stricken Warrior.

"I'm here to bind my City-Recalling Crystal." Remote Depths chuckled.

"What was your original home city?"

"Champion City."

Champion City was the largest city in the Eastern Continent. It was one of the top 5 most flourishing cities. It was not as quiet as Red Lake City and was very developed. The city was packed full of people and of course, offered more quests than Red Lake City. The majority of the players would naturally choose Champion City as their home city.

"Are you sick? Just stay there. Why would you come to such a backwater place like Red Lake City?" Ye Ci was astonished. An official nearby creased his eyebrows when he overheard that Ye Ci had described the city as 'backwater'.

"Tsk tsk, yeah right. I refuse to believe that the famous Gongzi You would bind her City-Recalling Crystal to such a 'backwater' place!" Remote Depths snorted, "Sis, you tryna trick me? You're still too young!"

Although the official was offended, he still kept his calm and did his job, approving Remote Depth's request to bind his City-Recalling Stone. The official then prepared the necessary documents so that he could become a citizen of the city.

"Don't forget to accept the Repeatable Quest." Ye Ci reminded Remote Depths before leaving.

Ye Ci received a private message after clearing her daily quest. It was from Four Seas, "Are you free tomorrow? I need your help to clear the Automaton Formation."

Four Seas was a very skillful Cleric. There weren't many things that could trouble him, especially to the point where he had to ask for help. This was his first time doing so. "You'll have to pay me," said Ye Ci jokingly.

"Heck I was afraid that you wouldn't say that." Four Seas laughed. He was not joking. "I'll pay you 5,000 gold if you can finish them off with six shots. If you can do it with three, I'll pay you 10,000 gold. I'll pay you 20,000 gold if you can clear the automatons with two shots, and if you can finish them all with only one shot..." Four Seas continued after a short pause, "If you kill them all with one shot, I'll pay you 30,000 gold. But... Uhh... You won't seriously be able to clear the wave away with only one shot right?"

"Are you for real?"

"Yes. My guild's progress has been hindered. Three of the First Five were taken by Steel-Blooded Battle Spear, while World Conqueror has the other two spots. They refused to share the info with us. We've been trying to clear it for a week. But we can't afford to keep trying anymore, or we'll be left way behind." Four Seas sighed. It seemed that he really was in trouble this time. Even if he was tough, an excellent team is what mattered in Fate. "I wouldn't have called for outside help if the situation was not dire. Can you help me out?"

Ye Ci knew that it wasn't in Four Seas' nature to call out for help. She also knew that Steel-Blooded Battle Spear would not allow her to help another guild.

But, she was Gongzi You. And Gongzi You wasn't a property of Steel-Blooded Battle Spear. Ye Ci would be an idiot to reject an offer that would let her help a friend out while allowing her to earn some money.

"Sure, I have class tomorrow morning. Gather your players after lunchtime tomorrow." said Ye Ci.

Four Seas agreed to Ye Ci's proposal. He then said, "We'll take care of the mobs. All you need to do is to blast that Automaton Formation away with the cannons."