Chapter 81: Unavoidable Confrontation

After 2 weeks of hard training in the dungeons, the equipment of the members in the guild was finally on par. If the benefits in other guilds was their DKP, then in Upwards HO!, it came in the form of experience points, equipment, and the guidance of an expert. Although there was no monetary benefit for the members, the benefits they received could not be bought by money. The remaining guild members were allowed to stay in the guild after much consideration. They might not have the best of characters, but they appeared to be trustworthy, at least for the time being.

Not only that, when the members had "graduated" from the level 15 dungeons, Ye Ci opened the guild warehouse, which was full of the fruits of her labor in the level 20 dungeons. The guild members drooled at the blue equipment and materials that filled the warehouse. The players who originally were loyal to Upwards Ho! had even more sense of belonging after seeing the items. They finally understood why Ye Ci had not led them in clearing the dungeons.

Ye Ci was a person who could not be forced to do something, but when she had made up her mind to get the job done she would give it her best shot. She did not think that such a commitment was not worth it. Instead, she did it willingly.

It had been almost a month since Ye Ci had aided Oasis City in defeating the Nameless Zealot. In that one month, the envy of the players had slowly subsided.

After all, envy would not help them achieve success. The players would rather increase their own skills instead. A lot of guilds had already cleared Frosty Wasteland, and many of them had moved on to the Frosty Wasteland Inner Sanctum.

With level 22 being the highest level on the leveling ranking, the average level of Upwards Ho! members was at level 18 and above. Although they had the will to explore the Inner Sanctum, they knew that they were severely under-leveled. With their level, it would be very difficult.

Ye Ci understood the fact as well. After giving it some thought, she felt that it would really be a waste for her to not put the Oasis City Hero's Medal to good use. She decided to put together a party and level up in the Boneyard.

It was the first time Upwards Ho! had organized such a large scale leveling activity, and the players were looking forward to it. Although they knew that the monsters in Boneyard were high leveled, they still couldn't help but feel excited.

The guild members had finished gathering early in the morning, and the 50-odd players formed themselves into a squadron and headed for the Boneyard.

Although the Boneyard was a level 30 map, the isolated monsters roaming around at the edge of the map were no match for a squadron of 50-odd players. With Ye Ci's Hero's Badge that gave the Hero's Aura Buff, the squadron's stats were each increased by 20. That was why the monsters were steamrolled by the squadron.

Before they'd even reached the Buren Monastery, quite a number of the squadron's members had reached level 19. The speed at which they were leveling up was a satisfying experience. With their numbers, Ye Ci no longer had the need to entice more skeletons. She led the rest of the squadron straight towards the Sacrificial Altar.

Ye Ci pulled in the monsters and then threw a bomb into their midst, and the players' level immediately soared to level 20. Pea Cake, who was forced to come along, was shocked. "Holy shit, what's that?"

"Engineering." Ye Ci looked at Pea Cake and smiled. Although Pea Cake was an Engineer, his success rate in crafting items was not all that high. He was sad because of that. Since Ye Ci had decided to go and level up, she dragged him along as well. Although Pea Cake's interest in farming and grinding was not that high, he relented and reluctantly came along. He would actually rather stay in the encampment and craft some items.