"It's Not You, It's Me!"

A.N. This was the brilliant idea of my bestie, Purplerebel4ever so thanks for that! Enjoy!

Synopsis: Della is stressed out about trying to keep her kids safe and accidentally lashes out at them after only about two weeks of her being back on Earth.

—————————————————————————

Della and her kids were the only four in the house at the moment, as Scrooge was at the office, Webby and Beakley were on some sort of spy retreat, and Donald was still on vacation.

The triplets were just doing normal triplet stuff and kept getting themselves into trouble that Della had to get them out of.

Della was freaking out. She had no idea how to be a mother and how to keep her kids safe, while also letting them be themselves and have fun.

She often came off as paranoid or not caring enough. Neither was satisfactory. She was so stressed.

She was in the living room when she heard a loud crash coming from the triplets' room.

She quickly ran up the stairs, "boys?!"

She ran into their room and sure enough, there was a haywire robot attacking her boys.

She quickly jumped into action and ripped apart the robot. Literally.

"Are you boys okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, we're fine, Mom." Huey answered for the three of them.

"We had that totally under control." Dewey said confid

"Did you though?" Louie looked at him.

Della groaned and put her head in her hands.

"Mom? Are you okay?" Huey asked, the triplets all looking at their mother with concerned expressions.

"No. No, I'm not okay. I should've never rebuilt the Spear! I shouldn't be here! If I hadn't rebuilt the Spear, I wouldn't have to worry about taking care of you guys or keeping you guys out of trouble! I should've never come back!" Della snapped before storming out of the room in tears.

            The triplets stood there in complete shock.

            "Wow... I've never seen Mom this upset... Sure, we've only known her for, like, two weeks, but still..." Huey spoke up.

            "Do you think... maybe it's our fault?" Dewey asked.

            "Maybe...? We don't make it easy for her to take care of us and make sure we're safe..." Louie said.

           "Of course it's our fault... She spent ten whole years trying to get back to us, and then she finally gets home, and we've been giving her nothing but a hard time!" Huey said, feeling horrible.

            "So... what do we do...?" Dewey asked.

            "It's probably best if we just leave..." Huey sighed and looked at the ground.

            "W-what? You can't be serious..." Louie said in shock.

            "We clearly aren't wanted here and we're just causing problems for Mom..." Huey answered.

            Dewey thought about it and agreed, "he's probably right, Lou. We should go."

            "But... where are we going to go?" Louie asked.

            "Not sure, but we can't stay here." Huey answered.

            Louie reluctantly agreed to go with them and the three didn't even bother taking anything and just left the mansion.

            A few hours later, Della had calmed down a bit and realized that she shouldn't have said any of that to her sons so she decided to go upstairs to their room and apologize.

            She knocked on their bedroom door and called out, "boys? It's me, your mother. Can I come in?"

            When she didn't receive a response, she went in anyway, only to find her sons not in their room.

            She started to panic a little. She checked the entire mansion, calling her sons' names. When she didn't find them in the mansion, she went around Duckburg, asking around, but no one had seen them. The last place she needed to check was the forest.

            She started walking through the forest when she heard her sons' voices scream in terror.

            "Boys!" She cried in concern.

            She ran towards the sounds of the screams and found her sons being cornered by a pack of wolves.

            She quickly sprung into action and fought off the wolves to save her sons. Once the last wolf was gone, she quickly pulled her sons into a hug before letting them go and searching them for any injuries.

            "Are you boys okay?!" She asked in concern.

            The three nodded, but then Huey spoke up, "we thought you would want us gone..."

            "What?! No no no no no! Boys, that would never be the case! It's not you, it's me! I love you guys more than anything! And I shouldn't have lashed out like that... and I'm sorry... I was just a little stressed... Who knew being the mother of triplets would be so hard?" She laughed slightly before continuing, "my point is that I love all of you so much, and I didn't mean what I said. I'm glad I'm back, really! And I am really proud of who you all have become! Could you ever forgive me?"

            Louie was the first one to say anything, "of course we can, Mom!" He hugged his mother tightly.

            "Absolutely!" Dewey also joined the hug.

            Huey thought for a minute before joining the hug as well.

            "Always..."

———————————————————————————
A.N. Ok I'm tired Imma go to bed. Bye.