Last One Gone

A.N. Ok I swear this is the last one that ties into "Family Is Nothing But Trouble" and this one is tied to the alternate ending of that, so both Louie and Dewey are dead in this one.

Juliana... I am so sorry...

—————————————————————————

            It's been months since the... unfortunate... events that led to the deaths of young Dewford and Llewellyn Duck. Months since young Hubert Duck went from being a triplet to being an only child.

            Things hadn't gotten much better for the one who had been forced to murder his own brothers. He had finally accepted that it wasn't his fault and that Bradford was the one to blame. He and his brothers were just mere victims.

            It got lonely sometimes. Huey kept holding onto things that reminded him of his brothers, which is why he wouldn't let Scrooge get rid of the triple bunk bed in his room and get him his own bed.

            He hated having his own room. He hated being alone. That's why whenever Webby had a sleepover with Lena and Violet, Huey would often ask if he could hang out with them, and they would let him. He just lost his brothers a few months ago, how could they not let him?

            Today was the day he dreaded ever since his brothers passed.

            He looked at a framed picture of him and his brothers that he had sitting on the bedside table.

            "Happy birthday, guys..." Huey smiled sadly at the photo.

            His smile soon faded. He tried to stay strong for his mother, but it was hard to carry on without his brothers.

            He got ready to go visit his brothers' graves. He had been visiting their graves every day since the funeral, but today, it was more important than ever, considering it was Huey's first birthday without them.

            He went down to the graveyard and to his brothers' graves. He sat down and started to say a few things, even though he knew his brothers couldn't hear him.

            "Happy birthday, guys... I miss you... It isn't easy here without you..." Huey started. He kept going on about how everyone was doing since they passed.

             Once he was done speaking, he sighed, and left the graveyard.

             He arrived back home to find his family members tied up.

             "Huey! Honey, get out of here!" Della shouted to her child.

             "Hello, Hubert." A familiar voice said from the shadows.

             "Bradford... You... You're the reason my brothers are gone..." Huey said. He was furious. He wanted to avenge his brothers.

             "Maybe so, but what are you going to do about it?" Bradford taunted.

             While Bradford was distracting Huey with the taunting, Heren snuck up behind him, knife in hand.

             Della noticed this and shouted, "HUEY, BEHIND YOU!"

             Huey didn't have enough time to react before the knife sank deep into his back.

             Della let out a heart-wrenching, "NO!"

             Della used her anger to bite through the ropes with her teeth and the family defeated Bradford with no problems and sent him and his team off to prison.

             "Huey, honey, can you hear me?" Della said to her son, kneeling down next to him.

             "M-Mom, I'm sorry... I tried to stay strong for you after Dewey and Louie passed and then this happened... Heh. At least I'll be with them again..." Huey have a weak smile up at his mother.

             Della nodded, mustering up a small smile as tears streamed freely down her face. "You three look out for each other up there, okay...?"

             Huey nodded. He slowly closed his eyes as he stopped breathing and his heart stopped beating.

             Della sobbed. In a span of less than six months, she had lost all three of her sons. She missed out on so much of their lives and then only knew them for a little over a year.

              At least Huey was no longer suffering through living a life without his brothers. A life as an only child, which had always been his worst nightmare, according to Donald, who had told her that after Dewey and Louie died.

             The remaining family members all hugged each other tightly as tears rapidly streamed down all of their faces.

———————————————————————————

A.N. I nearly cried when writing this one. Buh-bye now!