Chap 4, the oncoming Storm.

"When you see a man struggling financially, usually it's because he simply lacks a perfect muse."
Lebo Grand

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

The ride to space was like being free, the stars shone so brightly almost like they were dancing. The ride there Josette sat behind her uncle, acting as supervision for the two pilots.

As the six leave the ship and enter the station Reed and Sue lead everyone into the command center. The stars catching her eyes as she walks between her uncle and Johnny, even with it being awkward around the person that she used to be best friends with, being in space made it not matter. She could be frustrated with him back on earth. "If you behave, maybe next time daddy'll let you drive." Johnny spoke to Ben in a dad voice causing Ben to glare at the younger man. "Keep talking, there won't be a next time." Ben said as he walked ahead of the two.

Noticing her uncles absence she turned towards Johnny, she came up to his chest causing him to look down on her, his smirk was wiped away the moment he saw her face. "Josie I'm." His sentence was cut short as Josette shook her head, she was mad at him for abandoning her, mad at him for not coming to see her after the incident. "Should I be concerned that you referred to yourself as Daddy?" The question caught him off guard as the two stopped staring at each other, this time Josette didn't break eye contact. "Seriously Josie, I want to apologize." From the look in his face she knew that he was sorry, she could tell that so many things were floating in his head and he was trying to make sense of it all.

Turning to the window she looked at the many stars picking out constellations and drawing them on the glass. Johnny watches carefully worried about her response. "We're in space Johnny. I'm still mad at you what happened, but for now, no apologies. I can be mad at you back on earth, then you can apologize. For now let's enjoy out time amongst the stars."

Josette and Johnny made there way back to Ben who was getting ready for the space walk. The smile on her face made Ben happy, he hadn't seen her this happy in years and it was all thanks to a trip into space. Johnny goes to unload the various plants that they brought as Josie made sure that her uncle was suited up. "Please tell me your dawg's not trying to rekindle things with my sister." Josie couldn't help the scoff that left her lips, Johnny looked over at her. He was trying to mend things between all the while didn't like fact that Reed was trying to regain some kind of relationship with his sister. "'Course not. Strictly business." Ben says as Josie checked his suit, he could tell a million things ran his nieces mind, a lot of the things being about a certain Storm. "Yeah, well, his eyes say different." Johnny says missing the look on Josie's face as he said that, this was space. Space was free and she could be mad at him later.

"Hey, two hearts got busted last time. Maybe she's not over it either." Ben spoke out not missing Josie's comment. "Not just two." As she walks over to a computer typing in somethings. He heart broke when Johnny left her, he was her other half, her best friend and now the two were strangers. "Let's see: you got Victor, stud of the
    year, more coin than God? Or Reed, the world's dumbest smart guy worth less than a postage stamp. Hmmm, it's a toss-up." A small laugh Josie at the comment, he was right about Reed being the worlds dumbest smart guy, she had mentioned it to him a few times, only earning a glare from him." As been makes his way to the air lock he responds to Johnny, Josie moving to stand next to him. "Put your tiny little mind at ease." Ben gave his niece a smile as she winked at him. "Don't wonder off to far, Debbie will kill us both." With that Johnny and Josie made their way out of the airlock, Johnny closes the airlock as they watch Ben through a window, giving a thumbs up Ben steps into space.

Josie writes stuff in her journal as Johnny notices her silence they were in space, she wasn't mad, but when they back to earth he knew this would be way harder. "Josie." Johnny spoke his voice low as he approached her she could tell he was shy, way shier than he was before. "Stormy." The nickname slipped from her lips causing her eyes to widen in surprise, she hadn't said that name in years. She didn't miss the smirk on his face as he made his way to her. "Oh so we're going with our nicknames huh Sunny." Oh a nickname that used to bring a smile to her face only brought a glare, she was still mad and Johnny had absolutely no idea how mad she was.

"As I said earlier, we're in space. I can be mad at you back on earth. So don't push your luck Storm." Before Johnny got the chance to say anything Reed ran into the room, pushing a button he calls out to Ben. "Ben, we need you back inside." The confused looks on both Johnny and Josie's faces made them walk towards Reed. Ben who was still arranging flowers turns to the trio, "I ain't done arranging your flowers,
    egghead." Josie finally saw it a cloud was moving towards her uncle and her face drained of blood. "Ben. This is serious. Turn around." Reed says urgently as Ben turns around finally seeing the cloud it wasn't close but it was to far from him. "Roger that, on my way." Ben says as he turns back to the shop, the storm getting closer.

"Event threshold in two minutes." The voices causes Josie to panic as she desperately watches her uncle. Johnny took notice in how her hands balled up, grabbing one he noises the nail marks from her finger nails digging into her palm. She doesn't look at him as she yanks her hand from his. "Come on, Ben, come on." Reed whispers as the Radio buzzes, the sound of Victor's voices calls out but Josie tuned it out, she could feel her heart beat in her ears. It seemed like a horror movie as turbulence from the cloud hits her uncle making it harder for him to move. "Come on uncle." She could feel tears well up in her eyes, she couldn't lose him. They watch helplessly as the cloud gets closer this time Josie didn't yank her hand away from Johnnys. "Reed, you need to get up here so we can close the shields! Now!" Victor calls out once again over the radio and Josie was getting fed up with the man. "Oh hell no! Not until my uncle is inside." Her hatred for the man was worsening by the minute. A pause echos throughout the room, Victor surprised by Josie's out burst. "It's too late for him, and soon it'll be too late for all of us." The way Victor didn't care about her uncle safety made her furious, she looks to Reed biting his lip he thought before turning to Johnny.

"Victor's right. Johnny, get to the
    command center take Josie with you. Close the shields." Her eyes widen as she fought the tears. "Fuck no! I'm not losing you or my uncle." Johnny turned to look at the smaller girl her eyes held determination and he knew then and there that he wasn't going to leave either. "Come on big guy, you can do it!" Johnny says to Ben causing a small smile to appear on Josie's face, she knew that the two butted heads but they did look out for the other.

The exterior airlock slides open as Ben reaches to haul himself inside. The edge of the cloud finally hits as Ben is pelted with a hissing mass of space dust, his suit getting stained orange as he hauls himself the last few feet by tugging on his tether. "Event threshold in ten seconds. TEN." The voice was becoming oddly more disturbing as Johnny punches the controls to close the airlock as Reed grabs a first aid kit as Josie grabs a thermo blanket. Time seemed to go by faster as the automated voice calls out. "Five, four."

Time slowed down as all she could see was red the stars were all gone as she felt Johnnys hand leave hers, her mind clouded as her vision was covered with red. She tried her best to stay calm but an overwhelming sensation over whelmed her as she screamed grabbing her head as her body gave out on her. Causing her to hit the floor unconscious.