Chapter 28

George Pov

"And now, the special guest we have been waiting for.."

"Clay!"

Clay? Wasn't he with Wilber at the grocery store?

I turned to Nick and Ranboo, and they had a smirk on their faces while watching the T.V. What's happening?

Clay Pov

The music began to roar, and I heard the crowd screaming below me. Then the beat started. All nervousness ran out of me, like it was never there, and I started singing.

(Song: How to save a life by The Fray)

Step one, you say we need to talk
He walks, you say sit down, it's just a talk
He smiles politely back at you
You stare politely right on through
Some sort of window to your right
As he goes left, and you stay right
Between the lines of fear and blame
You begin to wonder why you came

My ears filled with my voice. The same voice that was singing out for my Georgie back at home. The same voice I longed to say I love you back to him.

Where did I go wrong?
I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

Let him know that you know best
'Cause after all, you do know best
Try to slip past his defense
Without granting innocence
Lay down a list of what is wrong
The things you've told him all along
And pray to God he hears you
And I pray to God he hears you

I let my voice sing out. My brain full of thoughts of George and everything that had happened between us.

And where did I go wrong?
I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

As he begins to raise his voice
You lower yours and grant him one last choice
Drive until you lose the road
Or break with the ones you've followed
He will do one of two things
He will admit to everything
Or he'll say he's just not the same
And you'll begin to wonder why you came

Where did I go wrong?
I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

Where did I go wrong?
I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

How to save a life
How to save a life

The audience cheered below me, flinging roses, and other little items.

"Thank you!" I yelled and walked offstage. Wilber ran to me and I hugged him.

"Ready to see your George" He asked and I nodded desperately. I knew I should stay and say 'hello' to my fans, but I couldn't wait. George would be a mess of emotions. I hopped he liked it.

George Pov

My breath stopped as Clay walked out of the cameras view. Someone else started talking on the T.V, but I didn't care to listen.

"George?" Nick said as he snapped me out of my trance.

"George, you okay" Ranboo asked me. The two had excitement in their eyes, and wore bright smiles.

"Did Clay do all that for me" I whispered softly, asking the two of them. They nodded, and I heard a car pull up in the driveway. I fought back tears, as I ran to the door and opened it, finding a smiling Clay.

"Clay!" I said jumping into his arms. Tears ran down my cheeks.

"Georgie what's wrong?" He asked cupping my face with his hand, and the other one, holding my hand gently.

"Clay, did you do all that for me?" I asked and he nodded.

"Did you like it" He asked me, hesitance clear in his voice.

"Clay, liked it? I loved it. Its the best thing anyone has ever done for me!" I cried clinging to him as he brought me inside. The other three stood there with bright smiles on their faces, and went to the kitchen to chat, while Clay and me cuddled on the couch.

"Clay?" I asked as the blonde turned his head to look at me, giving me a small kiss while doing so.

"Yes, Sunflower?" He asked me, and I felt a slight blush on my cheeks, and heard the blonde chuckle.

"Why did you sing for me?" I asked him.

The blonde chuckled again at my question and kissed me lightly on my forehead. "Because I knew you weren't feeling your best Georgie. You were sad and I don't like seeing you sad. Then-" He stopped speaking for a moment. "Then you wouldn't eat, and so I got scared. I was writing this song for quite a while, and it seemed like this, tonight, was the perfect day to preform it for you."

I snuggled my face into the blonde as he kissed me, and sang the song quietly for me. I don't deserve him. I thought as I drifted off into a happy sleep with my boyfriend next to me. Thanks Clay.

Clay Pov

The brunette fell asleep on me while I sang my song for him again. He smiled happily in his sleep, and I waited a while before picking him up and walking to our bedroom. Once I had laid him in our bed, I kissed him lightly, and went downstairs to my three bandmates.

"Hey guys" I said quietly.

"Hey" they all said back, and I went to go sit next to them.

"Are you guys staying for the night?"

They all nodded happily, and I smiled back at them. "Thank you guys for you know, helping me with everything." I said smiling at them as they smiled back.

"Aw Clay," Wilber cooed to me, as I rolled my eyes playfully. "Your so welcome, anything for you." Nick said and Ranboo nodded.

"No I mean thank you. I wouldn't be where I am right now, without you guys" I said sincerely to them.

They all made 'aw' sounds and I rolled my eyes again, but my smile gave me away.

I gave each of them a hug, and sat down again feeling the calming silence. "Can I tell you guys something" I asked them with a slight smirk on my face, as I broke the silence.

They all nodded as I sat down and began explaining.

(1089 words)

1000 READSS!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I honestly did not think I would get this many reads, so thank each and every one of you.

What do you think Clay has to tell? Is it about George? Is it good or is it bad?

Okay Bye!

Love you guys! <3