Chapter 22

George Pov

"Clay-" I said hearing my voice whisper softly, as a tear rolled down my cheek. The blonde wiped it away with his thumb gently. "I love you George" He said handing me a Sunflower. "I love you too, Clay" I leaned into his touch and we cuddled watching the sunset together, with me holding the Sunflower in my hands.

"Have you had dinner yet?" Clay asked me looking down into my brown eyes, as I stared into his green ones. I shook my head not wanting to move from his grasp, but also feeling very hungry at the mention of food. "Would you like some?" Clay asked as he moved his gaze from me and up to the sky, where pink and golden lines were smeared across the sky. "What would we eat?" I asked him softly, as the wind picked up. I shivered and cuddled more against the blonde feeling the heat come off of him.

"Anything you want, Sunflower"

I smiled snuggling into him thinking about what I wanted to eat. "You cold?" The blonde asked me as I nodded, still shivering. He nodded and took off his hoodie that he had grabbed in the car and handed it to me. The hoodie was laced with black thread in the shape of a smiley face, with a lime green background. I put Clay's hoodie over me, which I would probably steal later, and felt immediately warm.

"Clay, can we go to a pizza place?"

The blonde smiled at me and nodded. "Of course, Sunflower" Clay helped me stand up, and we folded the blanket. The blonde wrapped me up in a side hug and folded our hands together. I leaned my head on him and heard him smile, and kiss me gently on my forehead.

We walked to the car, and Clay opened my door for me doing a little bow. "For you my good sir" He said, as I giggled.

"Thank you" I said and he closed my door gently. He put his guitar case in the trunk, and hopped in the drivers seat.

-----

After driving for a little while, we pulled up to a pizza place, and Clay parked the car.

"C'mon Georgie" He said opening the door and holding his hand out to me. I took it happily, and we walked into the pizza place.

The worker at the front of the restaurant seemed grumpy, but gave us a happy smile when she turned to us.

"Hello! Table for two?" She asked politely.

"Yes please." Clay answered. Our hands were still linked together, and some people stared. I shrunk closer to Clay feeling more safe when I could feel him up against my body.

"Right this way" the lady said directing us to our table. Clay held my hand protectively, noticing the worryness in my eyes. He rubbed little circles on the back of my hand which helped me relax.

The lady led us to a little nook in the back of the restaurant. We sat opposite of the other, as the lady gave us our menus. "I'll have someone back in a minute" She said smiling and walked away.

"What are you going to get?" Clay smiled at me looking up slightly, waiting for my response. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Not sure"

"Do you want to share something"

I felt my eyes light up and my smile beamed, and I nodded excitedly, replying with an 'Okay'.

We decided on a simple medium sized cheese pizza, just as a man came to take our order. "Hello! What can I get for you two today" He asked with a smile, and holding a pad of paper and a pen in his hands.

"We'll have a medium sized cheese pizza please"

The man wrote it down nodding his head. "It'll be out soon!" He said before walking away.

Clay and I chatted as he held my hand softly across the table. We were interrupted by the chef, delivering our food to us, along with two plates.

"Enjoy!" He said before walking away.

We both grabbed a piece of pizza and chatted quietly between each other.

-----

"Finished?" Clay said asking me and I nodded at him.

"I'll pay" I said grabbing my wallet out of my pocket in my jeans.

"George no. I'm paying"

"Nope. You pay most of the time Clay. Let me"

"Do not! Let me pay Georgie"

I shook my as I looked up at him counting the money that was needed.

"Please Georgie. My Sunflower. Please let me pay"

I shook my head smiling softly at him. All of a sudden Clay's sweet smile turned angry, and sadness laced his eyes. I felt a tap on my shoulder, and turned around quickly to be met with someone.

"Catherine-" I said softly as tears pricked my eyes and threatened to fall. Clay got up almost immediately and stood in front of Catherine protecting me. Catherine scoffed and pushed Clay out of the way slightly, so she could look me in the eyes.

She stepped closer but Clay stopped her with a nudge telling her silently to back off. She scoffed again, and had a smirk on her face.

"So George, where's your little friend. Alex, wasn't it" Tears fell down my face as I hid my hands in Clays hoodie looking down.

Clay Pov

"So George, where's your little friend. Alex, wasn't it?" Catherine said with a sly smirk plastered all over her face. George his his hands in my hoodie I gave him, as I noticed wetness on his cheeks. Oh George. Don't cry. Its okay.

"Aw look, he's crying." I stepped closer to her and pushed her away from George slightly. "You know, I bet Alex is happier without you. Your annoying and selfish and no one deserves you George. No one."

George Pov

"No one deserves you George. No one" Tears fell down my face. I couldn't stop them. All I wanted was Clay to wrap me in his warm embrace, and Alex. Oh how I wanted Alex with me. He would have punched Catherine right then and there.

I stood up from the seat, and walked out, hiding my face the best I could. Tears fell harder as I walked up to Clays car. I reached for the handle, to find it was locked. Great. I thought to myself.

I sat down in the parking lot not caring where I was. Rain started lightly falling onto my face, and I closed my eyes. A pair of warm arms came up to me, pulling myself into a hug. I heard a beep as the car I was sitting next to, opened and I was put in the passengers seat.

"Georgie" The voice said. Clay. I opened my eyes slowly as Clay stared into them. "Are you okay?"

I shook my head. I'm not okay. I said to myself. Clay nodded and kissed me lightly on the forehead, and brushed the tears off of me gently.

"Its going to be okay Sunflower. I promise." I nodded hoping he was right. Oh I hope you are right Clay.

(1192 words)

Love you guys!!! <333