Elise

The few clients that Rayne saw before Elise went well enough. Simple transactions, no complications, just the way she liked it. However, 6pm was approaching and it was time to get to the part of the day that she was not looking forward to.

Rayne drove to an alley near Elise's house and waited in her car. Elise showed up a few minutes before 6, waving happily as she approached the car before opening the door and hopping in. "Rayne!"

"Hey, Elise," Rayne replied. She held her hand out for the cash.

"Oh, come on Rayne," Elise said. "This doesn't have to be so businesslike. We go way back, right?"

Rayne sighed, frustrated. This was a business transaction to her. "We do," Rayne said. "Though I am a little busy." This was of course a lie, her schedule was open after this, partially because she knew it was going to take a bit longer than usual to get through this transaction.

"Oh, I know, you're always very busy," Elise said. "I wish we could have some time outside of these meetings. We never really take the chance to catch up."

"I know," Rayne said. "Maybe one day."

"Really?" Elise said, eyes lighting up.

Not really, of course. Rayne was trying to move the conversation along. "Yeah, for sure. Maybe when things calm down a bit for me."

Elise sighed. "You need to take some time for yourself, Rayne. You're always stressing yourself out. I mean, maybe that's why that little incident happened..."

Rayne tensed up and blushed a little. She was hoping this wouldn't happen. It wasn't just the fact that she brings it up, but the way she talks about it seems so condescending. The words "little incident" just made her feel like a child. She didn't respond, so Elise continued. "That doesn't still happen, right?"

"No, it was just the one time," Rayne lied.

"Oh, that's good," Elise said with a cloyingly sweet smile. "And you're still... well... using, right?"

Rayne had to pause for a second at how nonsensical this question was, both in its content and relevance to what they'd just been talking about. Not that she was upset to move away from that topic, of course. "Yeah. And you are too, right? Because if not, what are we even doing here?"

"Oh, of course!" Elise said with a sweet smile.

Elise paused for a few moments, looking at Rayne with a pensive expression. "In fact," she said slowly, breaking the silence, seeming to make up her mind about something. "I wanted to let you know that I've been thinking of experimenting a little more." Elise's words sounded like they were chosen very deliberately.

Rayne paused for a moment. This was new, and unexpected. "What do you mean?"

"Oh, I think it's time to kick this little hobby into overdrive," Elise said. The way she said this statement made Rayne feel odd. The emphasis she put on that last word was strange, almost unnaturally forced.

"And what does that mean?" Rayne asked, bemused at this strange and uncharacteristic behaviour.

"It means another business opportunity for you!" Elise said sweetly. "I'll message you about the details later, but it should mean lots of money for you. And that's good, right?"

"I guess?" Rayne said uncertainly. She had no idea what Elise had planned and wasn't sure she wanted to know, but she was, as always, interested in the cash.

"I'll message you later today, then," Elise said, and she placed the cash in Rayne's hand, another unexpected move as these appointments often drag on for quite a while. Rayne gave her the goods.

"Alright, gorgeous," Elise said. "I'd love to stick around a little more but I need to head home. Keep an eye on your phone tonight, okay?"

"Sure," Rayne said, still fairly confused but satisfied at the outcome. Elise left her car and waved goodbye before walking off towards her home. Rayne, unexpectedly free, took the opportunity to drive home and unwind for the day.

She kept a close eye on her phone. She didn't necessarily want to encourage continued communication with Elise, but was curious, if nothing else. And sure enough, a few hours after getting home, she got a series of messages.

Elise: So I was thinking...

Elise: I am a little curious to try something a little more serious.

Elise: But I'm a little scared to do something like that alone.

Rayne: What did you have in mind

Elise: Well I want a night that's... unforgettable. And I would like someone there for me to experience it with...

Rayne sighed. This was clearly Elise's latest plot to force them to spend time together.

Rayne: I can get you what you're looking for

Rayne: But if you need a sitter, that's not really part of my job description

Elise: I would just really like to have someone I trust there.
Elise: And the only person I really trust with this is you.

Elise: I promise I'll pay good money for it.

Rayne paused for a moment. A night with Elise sounded potentially insufferable. But she was always looking out for ways to make money. And she was fairly certain that money was no object to Elise.

Rayne: How much were you thinking?

Elise: I'll pay an extra 50% for the cost of whatever you provide, plus an hourly rate of $150.

Rayne paused again. That promised to be a lot of money. She would likely be staying overnight, which meant that she'd be there for at 8 hours minimum, probably at least few more. As far as she was concerned, it was a goldmine, and she couldn't bring herself to pass on this opportunity.

Rayne: Seriously?

Elise: I wouldn't lie to you, silly.

Surviving an entire night with Elise wasn't going to be easy, but Rayne was sure it'd still be worth it.

Rayne: How does Friday sound?

Elise: Sounds great! I'll be looking forward to it.

Rayne: Great, I'll be there at 4:30 pm Friday, then.

Elise: I'll see you then!

Rayne leaned back into her chair and thought to herself. It was going to be a trying night, but the cash would be more than worth it in the end. She hadn't seen the amount of money promised possibly ever in her life.

One thing was for certain, Rayne wanted to be at her best in terms of her mental health on the day. It was currently Wednesday, and her schedule for Thursday was very busy, so it would be best not to add more work on top of that for herself. As in, no drinking, no drugs. She didn't want to be hungover, and she absolutely didn't want the extra chore of washing her bedsheets.

She would of course not be partaking in these substances on the night either, as she felt she'd die of shame if anyone, let alone Elise, found out about her humiliating little secret.

With that decided, Rayne had a low-key night and retired to bed early, completely sober.

And of course, on the following morning she woke up. However, when she did awaken, she noticed a familiar, cold, wet, clammy sensation around her lower body. The usual, though embarrassing, consequence of drugs or alcohol that occurred the morning after without fail. So normal, in fact, that at first she didn't realise what was wrong with the situation. She was still waking up, and while she was disheartened to waking up to being covered in her own pee, it took some time to realise that something was wrong here.

But then she did realise. She was completely sober the night before. For the first time, she'd wet the bed without any drugs or alcohol. Which meant that the pattern that she'd been relying on to save herself from public humiliation wasn't valid anymore.

She no longer had any way to know that she wouldn't wet herself throughout the night.