CHAPTER THIRTY

NOTE: Thank you for being so patient :-) I know it's unforgivable of me to make you wait so long. I really just have the busiest job :-( This is in Zayn’s POV. The next one will probably be in Harry’s POV. I like working in POV’s. What do you think about it? Do you prefer a change of POV once in a while? Or do you rather have it in one POV only (so just Evelyns)? 

ZAYN POV

It frustrates the heck out of me. I literally feel like I’m a bomb ready to explode.

I’m tabbing the desk with my fingers, making the only noise in the room and interrupting the silence.

‘Can you quit that, please.’ Louis frowns at me, looking up from the book he’s reading.

I roll my eyes at him when I sigh and stop my hand from doing the thing I’ve been doing for five minutes straight.

‘Call her if you’re worried.’

‘I can call her every hour until Stefan is back.’ I mumble.

‘Do it then.’

And if she wasn’t already frustrated with me because I called her three times in the past hour, I probably would. I just have to make myself believe that she is alright. She’s with Harry. There is no way Stefan even knows where she is. As long as she doesn’t go back to her apartment and Harry doesn’t leave her sight, she should be alright. I was happy about Harry taking her away from her place. That was exactly the reason I needed him to take care of her. 

But still I couldn’t stop myself from thinking about what could go wrong.

I wouldn’t even be worrying so much if Stefan didn’t leave last night. I wouldn’t be so worried if he would’ve returned by now. But it’s 4 pm the next day and he still hadn’t come back so I didn’t trust it.

Last night it was pretty clear he didn’t want me to join him.

‘Just take one more night, Zayn. You don’t look that good yet.’ He told me, way overfriendly, making me not believe any of it. ‘And Louis you can stay with him. It’s an easy one tonight. Take it easy and be ready for a big one tomorrow.’ He said.

Louis and I had glanced at each other, him telling me he had the same uneasy feeling as I had. Stefan never gave us days off. Unless someone was sick. But we usually didn’t get more than a day, and I already had two so I didn’t expect him to leave me in the house. Not even Louis.

He took another guy I didn’t know the name off with him, and Niall as their chauffeur. I had no idea where they went. I had no idea when they even were coming back. But Stefan’s words about ‘a big day tomorrow’ did not make me anywhere near relaxed.

‘Evelyn is with Harry, isn’t she?’ Louis suddenly interrupts my thoughts.

I nod at his words while looking at my phone without a very good reason. Probably just to check if she hadn’t text or called me, although my volume is loud enough for me to hear it when that happens.

‘Then stop worrying Zayn. I literally can hear you worry and I cannot focus on these words like that.’ His sassy tone orders me.

‘Oh poor you.’ I mock him, raising my brow.

‘Whatever.’ He rolls his eyes.

But suddenly we both jump up because my phone starts ringing. I look at the phone, instantly reading Evelyn’s name. My eyes meet Louis’ again and I nod at him, letting him know it’s her.