Chapter 7

Thomas's POV

I let Lydia's question sink in, taking a moment to comprehend it. 

"None of your concern," I breathe out. We were let inside and the pack bombarded us with questions. 

Teresa's eyes were shut closed and shook her head. 

"Hey, Teresa," I soothe, leading her away. 

"Everyone just shut the shuck up!" Brenda yelled. Her eyes were wild with anger, frustration, worry, and thrill. The pack was quite down, startled. "Sit your asses down and stay quiet," she snapped, clenching her fists.  

The pack quietly listened, waiting for us. 

"It's okay, calm down Teresa," I whispered, hugging her. She buried her head into my chest, covering her ears. She was overwhelmed. The talking, shouting and the events from a few minutes ago caught up to her. I hugged her tightly, listening to the others talking to the pack. 

After a bit, we joined everyone on the couch. 

"Don't ask us about what happened alright?" Minho demanded. "How did you even know?" he asked. 

"Parrish told us over the phone and Lydia sensed something," Scott explained. 

"What were you guys doing in the forest?" Malia asked, frowning. Teresa eyed her. 

"We were looking around, bumped into Peter," she replied. Malia's eyes narrowed. 

"You met my dad?" she asked. I rolled my eyes. 

"Teresa and I have known your dad longer than you have Malia," I stated flatly. Malia's eyes flashed brightly. Scott put a hand on her arm. 

"Malia, calm down" he urged, anxious. 

I watched Malia, calming down rather quickly. Her temper had gotten better. Minho nudged my arm impatiently. I look at him, peering into his dark eyes. 

'Newt' he mouths, squinting slightly with anxiousness. I nod stiffly. 

'At home' I mouth back, gazing at him warningly. He nods. Sonya sits next to me, her warm hand firmly clasped with mine. 

"So, you guys are planning something" Scott remarks. Brenda frowns. 

"Yeah, so what if we are?" she asks, arching a brow in his direction. Scott glared at her. 

"I want to know," he demands. Minho balls his hands into tight fists. 

"Why?" he snarls, barely keeping his own temper in check. Scott looks offended.

"Because it has something to do with Beacon Hills, my home" he fires back. "I want to help!" he exclaims, glaring at Minho. I hold Minho back from doing anything rash. 

"Enough Minho, calm yourself for now" I order. "Save your strength," I add. Minho gave me a pained look. I calmed him down, keeping my hand firmly on his shoulder. 

"We've got to go, Thomas," Sonya states, standing. Her face his stoic, but I sensed the urgency in her voice. Scott shook his head. 

"Where are you guys going?" he asked, trying to be calmer than before. I stood up and faced him. 

"We are going to do something dangerous Scott," I reply. Minho leaves, not giving them another glance. Sonya glances at me and then quickly leaves. Brenda lingers, but eventually exits the house. 

Teresa dn I stare at our friends from before. 

"Thomas please, you can't leave" Scott pleads. I shook my head.