Chapter 2

Thomas's POV

I let out a snarl and pulled my gun out. Lydia looked unfazed. 

"Say it one more time, I'll shoot you" I state, calmly. Everyone except my friends stares at me. Minho has his gun out. Teresa is staring at Lydia. 

"H-He's-" Lydia started, but then Scott's voice cut her off.

"Lydia, snap out of it!" Scott yells, shaking the girl. Lydia's eyes widen and she is pulled out of whatever trance that was. She stares at me. 

"What happened?" she asks. Scott lets out a breath. 

I lower my gun, shaking my head. Teresa lets out a sob and sits on the stairs. 

I hear Lydia's words, echoing in my head. 

Newt's dead. Newt's dead. He's dead. I killed him. It's my fault. I'm subject A2, I killed subject A5.

"Thomas?" Lydia whispers, using my Glader name as I'd asked. I restrain myself, making sure that no emotion is shown on my face.

I walked over to her, putting my lip to her ear. 

"If you ever say those names again, I'll shoot you dead" I murmur in a low voice. She gasps and her eyes widen. "Am I clear?" I whisper, slowly pulling away. She nodded, alarmed. I shoot her one last look before heading to my friends.

I walk over to Teresa and sit next to her. She stopped crying. She was staring at the wall. 

"She's gone Tom, Brenda's really gone" she whispers. "I'm never going to see her again," she says quietly. Her words are shaky and her hands are trembling. I nod. 

"I know T," I state. "Trust me, I know exactly how you feel" I whisper. Minho comes over and sits next to me. 

"You shanks okay?" he asks. I shrug, Teresa doesn't reply. 

"We are going to get through this, I promise you that" I whisper to my friends. They nod. 

Minho was about to say something, but the doorbell rings. We tensed. I grip my gun. 

We walk over to the door and see Scott answering it. 

He opens it, frowning. 

"Hello?" he asks. 

"I'm looking for Thomas," a voice demands. I drop my gun. It can't be. She's dead. 

"Who are you?" Scott asks again. 

"Where is Thomas?" the voice says slowly. 

I walk over to the door, gripping a knife. 

"Scott, move" I instruct. He stares at me before he obliges. I stare at the person in front of me. I let the knife go.

"Sonya?" I ask, my voice is hoarse. 

"Thomas," she whispers, staring at me. She launches herself at me. "Thomas," she sobs. 

I hug her back, still shocked. 

MInho and Teresa stare at Sonya. 

Sonya pulls away, her face was tear-streaked and she was crying. 

"Thomas, oh my god" she cries, clutching me tightly. 

"Hey, it's okay Sonya, you're safe now" I promise. She sobs into my shoulder and I feel her body tremble. "It's okay," I reassure, strong her hair. She nods and stays in my arms for a minute or two before pulling away. She stares at Teresa and Minho.

Teresa hugs Sonya and whispers things to her. Sonya nods, sobbing. 

I stare at Minho. 

"How is this possible, the FBI found nobody alive?" I whispered. Minho ran a hand down his face, taking a breath.