Chapter 5

Thomas's POV

We woke up today and got ready for school. I wore a black long-sleeved shirt and jeans. Minho wore a blue long-sleeved shirt and dark jeans. Sonya wore black leggings and a beige sweatshirt. Brenda wore black jeans and a tank top with a white jacket. 

We had to leave a little early because Brenda needed to enroll in school. My dad said that he had to come with us because he had to sign forms, so we decided to drive to school.

I sat in the front seat next to my dad. Minho sat next to Teresa, Sonya, and Brenda. They were a little squished, but it worked. 

I had my hand trace the tattoo on my neck, most of it was covered by my hair. It wasn't very noticeable and none of the pack realized it. 

We made sure to wear long clothes so that our scars couldn't show. Teresa wanted Brenda to stay home so that she could recover, but Brenda didn't want to leave Teresa's side. Teresa complied and just said that she had to be careful and skip PE if she was in pain.

"So, Brenda, you're the same age as everybody else right?" my dad asked. Brenda frowned. 

"Age is a little hard, but because T and Thomas remember their age, I'm just going to say that I'm the same age," she replies. My dad nods. 

I close my eyes, touching a knife in my pocket. 

Would we get separated again?

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. 

No, we stick together no matter what. 

"Well, Sonya's actually a year younger right?" Minho questions. I nod. 

"Yeah, but let's just act like she's in our grade so that we can stay together," I reply. Minho nods. 

We arrived at school and my dad led us to the principal's office. Teresa walked by Brenda's side. Minho and Sonya walked with me behind my dad. 

"Hopefully nothing happens today," Minho grumbles. I nod.

"Good that," I agree quietly. We enter the office and my dad does some talking to the assistant. 

After 20 minutes of signing and talking, Brenda's enrolled. My dad requested that she's be with one of us in every class just in case. 

We thank my dad and he heads out, going to work. 

Teresa slings her arm around Brenda's shoulder. 

"Well, we're early again, we should wait outside" I state. Everyone nods and we sit on the ground outside. 

We talk and reminds ourselves about the trials. Sonya was pressed to me, laughing at a joke Brenda made about Scott. 

I let myself relax, wrapping my arm around Sonya and feeling momentarily happy. I leaned my head against the wall. 

I was okay right now. I was with my family. 

Obviously, happiness lasts for about a minute before going away. 

Scott and his pack were here to ruin the fun. 

"Hey guys," Scott greets, coming towards us. Everyone's faces become blank and we stare at the pack. The fun and happiness in the air turned into bitterness and caution. 

"Scott," I greet cooly. Lydia looks at Brenda. 

"You're at school today?" she says. Brenda nods. 

"I didn't want to leave Teresa's side," she replies like that answered everything. Lydia nods slowly. 

"Are you feeling okay?" Malia asks. The concern is there with her voice, but she doesn't show it well.