Chapter 3

Teresa's POV

I fell asleep shortly after my head hit the pillow. 

I hoped for no dreams, but fate wasn't on my side. 

I was brought back to my time at the haven. 

I was at my tent, Brenda was on my bed. 

"T, what's wrong?" she asked. I shrugged. 

"I guess I'm still not processing all of this," I replied. I smiled at my love. I was so happy when she'd asked me out. I knew that she'd had a thing for Thomas, I mean, so had I, but we both found each other. Brenda laughed and came to me. 

"Well, this is real" she whispered. Then, she pressed her lips against mine. I kissed her back, wrapping my arms around her neck. We broke apart and she gave a throaty laugh. "Did that prove it to you?" she asked, fingering the bracelet she'd given me. I nodded, stunned. 

"Could you do it again, just so I can confirm it?" I teased, regaining my composure. She grinned and kissed me. Her body pressed against mine. I smiled against her lips. 

"I love you, T" Brenda murmured, smiling. I opened my eyes. 

"I love you too Brenda" I replied, hugging her. She laughed. She was about to say something but was cut off by a scream. We jumped, already gripping our guns. 

"C'mon!" Brenda exclaimed. I nodded and we quickly went outside. 

The scene changed.

We were fighting what could only be Wicked.  I watched a Wicked agent fall to the ground and smiled. I locked eyes with Brenda. 

She winked at me and we continued fighting. I thought everything was going well until I heard a scream. 

I turned around, recognizing it. I screamed. 

"Brenda!" I yelled. Brenda was on the ground, bleeding. I ran over to her. "Brenda" I cried. 

Brenda gave me a weak smile. 

"Teresa, I love you" she whispered. "Kiss me, I want to die with my lips on yours," she says softly. I sobbed but obliged. I kissed her. I kissed her until I felt her smile. I pulled away. Nothing. 

I screamed. 

"Brenda, please don't leave me" I cried. 

The scene changed.

This time, I didn't know where I was. I looked around 

"Teresa," I voice said. I whipped around. There she was, Brenda. 

"Brenda," I whispered. I ran to her. 

I hugged her, sobbing. 

"Teresa," she said again. I pulled away, staring at her.  "You killed me," she said. "You said you loved me, but you killed me, you let me die," she said, her voice flat. I shook my head. 

"I-I didn't, y-y-you were killed by Wicked," I said. She laughed. 

"It was you, Teresa, you killed me," she said coldly. 

"Teresa," I heard. 

"Brenda, please" I whispered. Brenda gave a bitter laugh. 

"I hate you," she spat. I screamed, begging her not to leave. 

"Teresa," I heard again. 

I screamed. 

"Teresa!" somebody shouted. I gasped.