~ Chapter 1 ~

Year: 3205 – The Military Academy

Senior Fall/Aqú:
             Two months have now passed. Two whole, long months since Senior Pool died to the Grand Master manipulated 'partner-in-crime', Blaze. One of the two Elementals in this place that I'm supposed to be protecting from the Grand Master's grip. Seems like I came in too late for that. Vulcano had been working on penetrating Blaze's inner walls for quite some time already. Not even Senior Pool could prevent that from happening and he was a smart and strategic individual. That makes my job almost impossible considering Senior Pool was much wiser and patient than me.

        The loss of Senior Pool has led to a slight tear between Breeze and Blaze. Well, Blaze still doesn't know that he is dead, but Breeze does, and he's acting a lot more reserved and cautious than he's ever been. He's not used to being like that. It's only going to be a matter of time before the Grand Master figures him out. I'm even worried that Blaze will. She does not look like someone you want to keep a secret like that from. I've heard about her temper-issues. That's what the Grand Master fuels his influence on. I have to help Breeze be more convincing or else he'll get himself killed, perhaps even by his own partner! He has to live for the cause to live on.

        I take a deep breath as I look down on my hand and look at the crystal ball that Pool handed to me on that fateful night. I've kept it to myself since he gave it to me. Breeze doesn't know about it yet. He's too unstable under the surface, too fueled with rage over Pool's death. For now he's managed to stay away from the Grand Master's attention, but on that matter, it's only a matter of time before he needs to unleash it all and I know who Breeze wants to unleash it on. He's nowhere near being powerful enough for that, he may never be as long as he's in this place.

        Then there is the Grand Master's secret weapon, who also happens to be Breeze's partner. She killed Senior Pool, but she doesn't even know it. Breeze knows and it's been bothering him more than he's been willing to admit, in front of me or in front of her. Blaze and I don't really talk much, or...let's just be honest: we don't talk at all. She doesn't trust me I've come to learn after a few more visits inside her mind, but that part has gotten harder and harder. She's aware of everything and everyone around her. She's wondering what's going on with Breeze and where Senior Pool is. Nobody besides her has noticed that he's actually gone. Even Breeze sometimes tries too hard to make it seem like nothing and even I can see that that's not working. Blaze suspects that Breeze knows something.

        Everything around me is just a complete mess. I'm walking around here trying my best to not seem too interested in the two younger elementals and avoid any suspicious attention. That Master of Air sure has kept his eyes eagerly on me, but the Grand Master himself hasn't got me on his radar yet. Keeping in contact with my own Master is proving to be a challenge too. This is the first time I've managed to get some space and time since Senior Fall died. Outside of the atmospheric field on the Moon, no human-elementals are going to be able to interrupt me. They'll stop breathing whereas I, well, I'm a Martian.

        "Aqú, it has been a long time since we last spoke. Is it safe?" I hear as I look around me, but I don't expect to see anyone. I've been keeping tabs on the Grand Master's movements when I've had nothing else to do, and right now, I know he can't be anywhere near me because he's back on Earth, paying his 'precious' planet a visit. "I needed to be sure it was safe. Grand Master Vulcano has gone back to Earth for a day or two." I answer as I take a deep breath to myself. "Now, tell me, what happened? Two months ago I sensed a big loss...was it him?" My master asks as I remember that moment when he turned to dust right in front of Breeze.