Something In The Air Pt 2

It's time everyone, the special day has come. It is officially Christmas morning and Gina wakes up to an empty house and that's exactly what she wanted. Hopefully it can be like this all day so she can focus on getting the food just right.

Gina's POV

IT'S CHRISTMASSSS. The day I've been waiting for is officially here and I cannot wait to surprise Ej with the gifts I got him. I took me all week but I was finally able to get the pics in the correct timeline from the time I got here to the most recent ones we took even after I got the old pics printed out. Had to take a couple of trips to Walmart because of it but it was totally worth it if it means seeing the big smile on Ej's face. He's always been a fan of blue so many of the borders are blue and there are a bunch of blue related stickers. Also threw some pink in cause you can't go wrong with that and the colors go good together. Now the only thing that is left to do is put it in the cutely decorated blue box and put it under the tree. I know I should've done it sooner but sometimes that boy is just too nosey for me. He's been pestering me all week and the last thing I needed was him opening the gift before Christmas morning cause that sounds like something he would do. Time to get sneak this bad boy downstairs and go wake up Eej afterwards.

Gina slowly opens her door, which sadly creaks whenever she does but still manages to make her way downstairs without being heard, at least she thinks. She puts his gift up under the tree, takes in the moment and rushes back upstairs to knock on Ej's door.

Gina: *knocks three times on the door then opens it* Merry Christmas Ee-*she looks around and sees he's nowhere to be seen in here* wow he's really not here. It's like seven in the morning where else could he be right now? Well this now gives me the chance to start cooking the dinner cause I sure have a lot to do.

Gina doesn't let this little setback stop her from doing what she needs to do. She heads to her room and brings down all the things she bought into the kitchen and sets everything out as nicely as possible. She takes a moment, takes a deep breathe and takes it all in. She doesn't even know what to start with but she'll gain her mojo eventually. She has the rest of today to make everything perfect for Eej.

So I talk out loud when I do stuff so Gina is going to be doing the same thing while she cooks. Makes the time go by faster.

Gina: Ok time to get started. Lemme wash my hands first and foremost and then first thing I'm going to start on is the Baked Ham with Brown Sugar Glaze. Things I need include brown sugar, brandy, whole grain mustard, cornstarch, ground cumin, coriander, allspice, cayenne pepper, salt and of course the ham itself. Ok and directions state, lay the ham flat-side-down on a rimmed baking sheet, so the entire exterior can get a good coating of glaze. Score the ham, by cutting shallow cuts in a grid pattern, so the brown sugar ham glaze will work its magic into the meat while baking. Then pour and rub the glaze over the ham. Bake the ham at a medium temperature. Ok that not too bad. *she prepares the ham and puts it in the oven then start on something else.

Gina: Man I should've started with the Classic Roasted Chicken but that's okay. Better late than never. Just gotta get the two biggest things out the way, then the side stuff should be done in a flash.

At this point she had just finished the Classic Roasted Chicken, the Brussel Sprouts, and the Pull Apart Cheesy Bread Christmas Tree. Gina was so focused about all the cooking she had to do, she didn't even hear the knock at her door. She didn't know someone was there until the doorbell rang. She went to go answer the door and there was Kourtney and Nini.

Gina: Oh hey you guys what are y'all doing here?

Kourtney: Well a little birdie came around and told us the super sweet idea you had planned for Ej and we wanted to see how it was coming along and if you needed any help. We got told what you're making and it's so much.