Chapter Fourteen

Frank;

Maybe walking into school this morning holding hands with Gerard wasn't my best idea. Obviously, everybody saw. Obviously, people are going to tell me that I'm just someone to fuck. Obviously, Mikey and Pete are not happy.

Neither Mikey nor Pete have confronted me yet about it, but first hour hasn't even happened yet. Gerard and I are standing in front of my open locker, talking, while I grab my needed books, binders and folders for the next few classes.

"What do you think Mikey's going to say to you?" Gerard says, raising his voice so I can hear him over the chaos happening around us. It's a pointless question because I'm more than positive that Gerard knows exactly what Mikey is going to say to me, but I answer anyways, humoring him.

"Probably tell me how I'm nothing to you, how you only want me for a quick fuck, blah blah blah," I respond, closing my locker door afterwards. "But I don't care about how Mikey or Pete or anyone feels about this. It's my choice."

"He's probably going to say a bunch of bad things about me," he responds, getting an angered look in his eye. I'd be pissed too. If I had a sibling who would try to chase away my boyfriend with tales of my past, my blood would be boiling. Gerard just wants to be happy and no one will let him.

"Anyways, we'll face that when it happens, let's get to Chemistry," I say, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the classroom.

*

Gerard was far from wrong. While he went to smoke outside during lunch, I ate and sat with the only people I can call my friends. They went on a full on rant about how they told me, and told me, and told me not to fall for anything Gerard says or does. They were beyond hateful towards our new relationship.

"I don't know why you didn't listen to us," Pete says, his words stabbing me in the chest with how fowl they are. "We've been here to see everything he does to people, you're just a new kid who hasn't seen what he is capable of doing to people."

"Pete, shut up, what do you know?" I spit out, more malice in my words than I've ever used. It was probably a dumb thing to ask, but I really want to see how far he's willing to take this. By the amused and challenging look in his eyes, he's going to take it pretty far and be more than willing to do so.

"What do I know? Mikey, he really just asked that." He's laughing a little while he says that, nudging Mikey's side. "I know that one of his exes tried to kill themself because of what Gerard did."

"Bullshit. Bullshit, Pete. He would not push somebody that far." No matter how much I haven't seen him do, I will never in my life believe that he actually drove someone so far to actually try to commit suicide. "I won't believe this. I will not. You both are just trying to make me believe this so I'll break up with him." I stand up from my seat, leaving my tray there, and walk towards the back of the room to exit and go to Gerard's smoke spot.

I can't believe— well, I can actually, which is pretty sad— that they are going that far to try to get me to break up with Gerard. I highly doubt that a guy tried to himself because of the break up. I'm going to ask Gerard even though he'd probably think that I'm starting to believe my so called friends.

As I make it closer to his spot, the smell of smoke grows more prominent, making my nose burn. It doesn't stop me though. I'm sick of the people at this school, Gerard is the only one who hasn't made me feel like shit because of my choices.

"Hey, Gerard," I say when I get withing hearing distance of him.

"Oh, hey, Frank. What's up?" He asks, taking a drag from the cigarette placed between his lips.

"Just getting tired of Pete and Mikey's crap." I sigh and run a hand through my hair, trying to loosen some of the stress.

"Oh, fun. What'd they say to you this time?"

"They told me that one of your exes tried to kill themself because of the break up." When I say it out loud it sounds like an even bigger load of crap than when Pete was saying it.

"Jesus Christ. Did he really say that?" Gerard asks, flicking the butt of his cigarette to the concrete floor.

"Really," I answer back.

"None of my exes have tried to kill themselves. I can assure you of that. All any have done is moved away or avoided school for a while."

"They're just trying to make me break up with you. It isn't going to work," I respond. "Anyways, can we hang out after school?"

"I can't, I have to work today. I'll check my schedule tonight and tell you when my next day off is," he says, frowning a little.

"It's fine, I'll stop in after I get my homework done." It's kind of lame sounding, but I actually do care about school. I don't want to fail.

"Ooh, do my homework too!" He says loudly, running his fingers through my hair to mess it up.

"No, do your own, loser," I say, pushing his hands away and laughing at how ridiculous this must look.

He just chuckles and pulls me closer, wrapping his arms around my shoulders as the bell rings, interrupting our fun. "Time for another session of Hell on earth," he mumbles into my hair.

"You bet," I say back, tightening my arms around his waist. After standing here for another moment longer, we both pull away and grab each other's hands, linking our fingers together while we walk back into the building.

My second half of the day is filled with people whispering about either myself or Gerard. I overhear more things than I would like to and I'm really getting irritated. Can't people just leave it alone? If it's a bad decision I'll find out on my own, I don't need a thousand teenagers getting in my business and trying to run my life for me.

I highly doubt it's a bad decision though, when Gerard was saying all that stuff last night, his eyes held a look of sincerity I've never seen before.

I really just can't wait to see Gerard. I'm tired of all the gossip floating around the school like Gerard and I can't clearly hear them. Then again, they're probably making it so that we hear.

Whatever, fuck them. I'm confident in my choice and no one is going to change that.

*~*~*~*

Happy Feels Day on the S.S. March 22nd.

Sorry that was mean.

This is a terrible day.

I hope you enjoyed the update!

I love you guys!

xoCrashFire