Chapter 35 [tell me]

"How was your trip?"

The genuine interest in Tita George's question broke my reverie. I have been staring at Sav for only God knows how long now. I still can't believe that after a full week of being away from him, we're finally reunited. However, he hasn't paid attention to me since I arrived. Sure, he glanced. But that was it. He noticed me for a very fleeting moment, then, he went back to grooming himself on the couch. He hasn't returned his gaze since.

But boy, did I miss being ignored by him.

"It was good," I replied. My answer was both truthful and scanty.

For sure, she's secretly hoping for more details from me. But my being sparing when it comes to the events of my life isn't something that takes her by surprise anymore. She knows me like the back of her hand.

She acknowledged my response with a tight-lipped smile.

I unfurled my arms and reached for the cup of coffee she made for me. Sumimsim ako ng kape at binalik ang atensyon kay Sav.

"Did he give you a hard time?" I inquired while my eyes were still fixated on my snobbish feline pet.

"A little. But my niece is named Calli, so . . ." She looked at me with a meaningful smile before feigning an indifferent shrug. I creased my forehead. "May pinagmanahan talaga si Sav, dear," she teased. It was followed by her sweet chuckle.

I didn't bother to reply. I'm used to hearing those words from people, anyway. Basti even once said that I am the personified version of Savage. And that he is my parallel to the Felidae family.

Half of what that guy says is really baloney.

Tita George stood up to take the saucer, which earlier was crowded by a big slice of banana cake, to the sink. "Anong oras pala darating si Jin para sunduin kayo ni Sav?"

"3:00 PM."

He'll arrive soon. It's already half an hour past two in the afternoon.

"Kasama niyo ba si Basti mamaya?"

I nodded my head. "Yes."

"Video call ninyo si Ysa kapag magkakasama na kayo. Para naman hindi niya kayo masyadong ma-miss. Hindi pa naman yata masyadong gabi sa kanila."

"We will. That's the plan," I stated.

Before I flew out of the country, Basti asked all of us to gather and flock at Ahia's condo as soon as I returned from Taiwan. He suggested that we all watch a movie or a TV show together while on a video call with Ysabelle. He mentioned that this is to alleviate Ysa's homesickness.

I don't understand that guy. Back when they still saw each other in flesh, they wouldn't stop fighting. We literally had to put a distance between them because it's as though they'll wring each other's neck anytime. But now that they are miles away, he's doing everything he can to assuage our friend's yearning to see us.

Heeding to that plan, here I am, waiting for Ahia. I arrived at Tita George's house before lunch. I headed straight here from the airport. Originally, she wanted to bring Sav to the apartment but I insisted that I go to hers instead. I didn't want to burden her anymore. The favor I asked of her is already very arduous. I couldn't stomach further inconveniencing her.

Ahia volunteered to fetch me and Sav from here. Basti and Buenvinido are in charge of doing the grocery. We'll all just meet at the lobby of Ahia's condo.

Inubos ko ang kape at dinala ang baso sa lababo. Bago pa man ako mapigilan ni Tita Geoge, hinugasan ko na ang aking pinag-inuman. Nang makita niya ako ay sinubukan niya akong pigilan, ngunit hindi ako nagpatalo. Alam naman niyang matigas ang aking ulo at hindi na rin iyon bago sa kaniya. Bandang huli ay wala na siyang nagawa.