Chapter 12 [favorite place]

Author's Note: Please know that there is a disparity between the fictional timeline in LLL (also in my other stories) and the non-fictional one (our real world). You will notice this when I use pop-culture references (movies, TV series, music, art, literature, manga, anime, etc.) or any other pertinent detail in relation to this novel.

Meaning, kung iisipin mo sa timeline nila sa story at iko-compare mo sa ginamit kong reference, parang malabong mangyari kasi either nonexistent pa 'yun during that time, or sobrang tagal ng nangyari sa totoong buhay pero rine-refer siya sa story ko na bago lang or existing currently.

One perfect example I could think of: In IWHTBY, when Jin confessed to Atom, he used the Brooklyn 99 reference. "January 14 . . . the night when Jake flirted with Amy for twenty seconds and he became obsessed with her forever." Truth is, the exact date of that confession in Brooklyn 99 TV Series is January 14, 2014. Which should have been impossible kasi sa timeline ng IWHTBY, January 14, 2014 din 'yung araw na nag-confess siya. Lol.

I'm only saying this to avoid confusion kasi marami akong pop-culture references sa chapter na ito at sa mga susunod pa. 

So, if you're privy and you noticed, I ask for your understanding. This is fiction after all. HAHAHA.

Okay, thanks for coming to my ted talk. Sorry, ang haba. 'Di bale, 8k word-vomit naman 'tong update. LOL.

Enjoy.

PS: This is my favorite chapter so far. <3

******

I was pulled out of my trance when Matt came in.

My neighbor and I immediately broke the handshake.

"Oh, sorry. Didn't notice there were people here," he quickly apologized as soon as he saw the annoying guy and Sofia.

It seems like his mind was wandering somewhere before he came here.

But why was he back, anyway? We agreed to meet each other in the floor lobby.

"That's fine," I answered.

"Hi, Sofia," Matt greeted her. His eyes landed on the guy standing beside her. "And?" He gave a polite smile as he waits to be introduced.

"Matt, hello," Sofia returned the salutation. "This is Guian Lopez, our new hire. He's a part of the Creatives Department and he will be heading the Video Team. Guian, this is Matt Anderson. He's the director of the Communications Department. He's Calli's boss."

My neighbor extended his arm again to shake Matt's hand. "Hi, Matt. Nice meeting you," he said, sounding so diplomatic.

I internally groaned. It's so weird to see him this formal. Parang . . . hindi bagay sa kaniya.

"Nice meeting you, too, Guian," Matt said while shaking his hand and looking at him in the eyes. His grip loosened and he turned to me. "Let's go, Calli. I'm famished."

"Matt, stop overreacting. I saw you having breakfast earlier."

I noticed my neighbor stifle a chuckle from behind Sofia. When he saw me looking, he averted his gaze. This weirdo. What does he find so fascinating this time?

"We'll get going," Sofia announced. Matt nodded his head. "Enjoy your lunch."

I also gave her a curt nod.

They both left my office afterward.

"I've been waiting in the lobby for five minutes but there's still no trace of you that's why I decided to come back. I thought maybe you got caught up with an urgent matter," he explained when we were alone.