22. "What's wrong with me?"

You sprinted to Luka's house, realising the mistake you made.
'Lila kissed me.'
That's what he said to you, you never believed it. But of course, Luka was right, you felt stupid for even doubting him for a second. Luka was the most honest and loyal person you'd ever met, normally when you sprinted to Luka's house you had no troubles but today, something was off? You was finding it hard to catch your breath, you were hella dizzy and even found it hard to move your legs, but it was whatever that wasn't the worry right now, the worry was Luka, you needed to get him back before he was gone for good. You'd been pushing him away since it happened as was afraid that you pushed him over the edge, and lost him.

As you ran for longer it was harder to breathe and pick your feet up
'it's fine i'm just tired, i'll do this then go home to sleep.' You thought as you used all your stamina to keep running and running until you eventually got to the boat. But, Luka wasn't there....
"Juleka!" You shouted, holding on to the side of the boat trying to keep yourself upright. You knew if you let go of the boat you'd drop straight to the floor.
"Oh, hi y/n."
"Where's Luka!?"
"Are you ok y/n? You look like you're about to pass out."
"I'm fine... I'm okay... Just... Luka."
"Luka's at work?"
"Oka- Wait what. Work?"
"Yeah he started yeaterday, are you sure you're okay? You're literally so pale."
"I'm okay honestly, just.... tired. Wh- Where does Luka work?"
"At the Café next to Marinette's house, y/n I think you need to sit down and get a glass of water."
"No no, I'm okay I.... I gotta fix this before it's too late."
"Wha- y/n!"
"Thanks Juleka!" You said running away to the café which was normally a 2 minute run, but due to your current state it'll probably be a 10 minute run at this rate. But still you kept running, and running, and running until you eventually got the café.

You stood in front of the café and prepared what you was going to say to Luka.
"Okay, deeps breaths y/n". You said, even though you still couldn't breath probably, was still hella light headed and your legs felt weak.
You walked up to the counter where a tall blonde guy was at the cash register.
"Hi excuse me?" You said.
"Bonjour!" Said the guy.
"Ah yes, bonjour! I'm looking for Luka." He have you a weird look like he had no idea what you was talking about.
"Luka Couffaine?" You said in a questionable voice.
"Oh Luka Couffaine! There!" He said. You realised now he wasn't fluent in English.
"Merci!" You said and looked over to where he pointed and....
Luka was there alright...
holding Lila's  hand as he spoke to her.

You went over and pulled him round to face you by his shoulder.
"Y/n?" He said, surprised to see you, "What are you doing?"
"That's what I should be asking you!" You shouted.
"What?" He turned fully facing you now.
"You say that what happened at prom was a 'mistake' and you hated Lila but then i come here after realising you were right, she kissed you not the other way round just to see you holding her goddamn hand!"
"Y/n.."
"How could you be so cold hearted to LIE to me! After everything that happened you LIED! YOU'RE A LIAR LUKA COUFFAINE! A COLD HEARTED LIAR!"
"Y/n. Listen to me."
"No no NO LUKA? The last time you wanted me to listen to you so you could 'explain' YOU LIED TO MY FACE!"
"Y/n... Are you ok? You look like you're gonna faint." And just like that, you collapsed to the floor. The last thing you remember is Luka saying you was going to faint and seeing Lila's bitchy smirk behind him.

~~~~
You woke up God knows how many hours later in the hospital. Monitors were beeping around you and...
Luka was sat in the chair next to your bed. You slowly sat up as you had a horrible headache.
"You're awake!" Luka quickly sat up in his chair. You gave him a dirty look and said,
"Why are you here?"
"You passed out in the middle of the café so I rang an ambulance, they were all running tests while you were passed out, we're currently waiting for the results."
"That doesn't answer my question, why are you here?"
"I wanted to make sure you were okay."
"Pft don't make me laugh Luka, you don't care if i'm okay or not that's why you lied to my face."
"Look y/n I didn't like to you, there's seriously nothing going on between me and Lila, she did kiss me at prom and what you saw at the café earlier, I didn't see you come in but she must of so when she saw you looking at me she grabbed my hand while talking to me to make it look like something was going on."
"I don't believe a word you said anymore Luka."
"Even check the cameras in the café, I really didn't want to serve her." Just as you was about to speak again the nurse came and opened the privacy curtain around your bed.
"Wha- We'll finish this conversation later." You said.
"Okay y/n," The nurse started flipping over a few pages on her clipboard. "Your text results have come back and we've found out what's wrong with you."
"Okay then...." You said.
"What's wrong with me?..."

{A/N: I'm so sorry for no uploads i completely forgot about this book lol because i've been so busy, but i'm back to posting now now ive remembered this book exists lol

{A/N: I'm so sorry for no uploads i completely forgot about this book lol because i've been so busy, but i'm back to posting now now ive remembered this book exists lol. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!}