Felt Like Years - Pt. 3

I stared coldly into Maddie's dark, sad blue-gray eyes.

"OH HELL NO WE'RE NOT!" I yelled as loud as I could. "ARE YOU FRIGGIN' OUT OF YOUR GODDAMNED MIND?!"

She stared up at me, her eyes wide and bulging. Something was off, I could tell. Before I got the chance to scream at her some more for even suggesting that, Sam walked in with breakfast. I looked up at him, and stormed over to him angrily.

"You aren't actually going to agree with this, are you?!" I snapped at him, pointing at Maddie. He looked over my shoulder at her, and frowned.

"What are you talking about?" My little brother sounded genuinely confused.

"She suggested we off Amy," I tried to say it as calmly as I could, but you could tell there was anger seeping into my voice. Sam's eyes widened as he looked over at his girlfriend.

"Why would you even suggest that?!" Sam blinked.

Maddie stood up slowly.

Bitch mode activated.

"You didn't let me finish, Dean," she muttered angrily. "Worst comes to worst, we'd have to kill her. But there's another thing we could do that's extremely risky. Either way, both plans involve breaking into the Colony."

I shuddered. I did not want to break into the Colony, but anything was better than killing Amy. "What's the other thing?"

"We could find my old buddy up there, Koa, who was a former member of The Black Hallows and get him to make the Cure," she answered me.

"The Cure..?" I frowned, looking over at my little brother. He seemed to understand everything she was saying, but I was lost beyond explanation.

"The Cure's proper name is Akuma no kyua, which means in Japanese "Demon's Cure". It's used to undo and wipe out Star Fluid and all of the damage it's done to your system. Basically, it restores your humanity and turns you back into the person you were before. Like what it did to me," Maddie cringed at the memory. I did too, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sam did as well. It was creepy as hell. She shook her head as if to clear the memory from her mind. "The point is, is that we can cure her-"

"Then what the hell are we waiting for?!" I sprung up and grabbed my backpack, hope building up inside of me. "Let's go cure her!"

"Um, Dean?" Maddie stopped me. "There's one problem."

I frowned, dropping the backpack, the hope that had been piling up inside me deteriorating fast. "What?"

"The way to get into the Colony," she began explaining slowly. "I have to press my hand up to a touch sensitive security tablet. The tablet will scan my palm, transmit my DNA to a security system deep in the Colony, and identify the person. Every person in the Colony is recorded and stored in the security system, and, well, I have bad history with the place. They'll instantly recognize me and send a ton of X Guards after all of us, and we're done for."

"Then I'll do it for you?" I stepped in.

"They'd recognize your human DNA; they'd read your XY chromosomes and see that they're not XYX chromosomes, like a typical Colony X male inhabitant. They'd send even more X Guards, and execute you."

I felt as if someone had just shot me square in the head. I sat back down on the bed, feeling dejected and angry. "Friggin' lovely."

Maddie thought for a long moment. So did I, as well as Sam. Then Sam snapped his fingers, startling me. "I have an idea - you're not going to like it, Maddie, but it's the only chance we've got."