𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
"I told you"
——

Clarke and Nova are lying at the edge of the lake, hand in hand, having escaped Mount Weather. Anya drags them both and places them on the shore. Nova coughs up water letting go of Clarke's hand to put her chest. She looks over at Clarke doing the same before they turn to Anya who sits on a rock. Nova stands up and pushes her drenched hair behind her ear and breathes heavily. "Thank you" Nova says looking to Anya.

"Thank you, I think we should go back to the dropship first. So I can see if my-" Clarke says but is interrupted by Anya hitting Clarke in the face with a rock knocking her out. "Hey!" Nova screamed running towards Anya and dunking when she tries to hit her with the rock. Nova swings her arm back and punches Anya in the face. Anya falls to the ground and holds her nose before kicking her feet under Nova's legs making her fall onto her back. "Mm" Nova groans in pain as Anya stands up and turns Nova around and ties her hands together then ties Clarke's hands with hers.

"We're not going back to your dropship. You burned 300 of my warriors, I can't show my face without a prize" Anya says standing Nova up and making her walk in front as she dragged a half away Clarke.

~~

Clarke, Nova and Anya are walking through the woods. Anya has Clarke tied up to her and Nova's arms tied behind her back as she walks in front of them. "Anya, we've been walking for hours. Where are we going?" Clarke begs as she follows Anya and watches her push Nova every now and then. "Why not just kill us and get it over with?" Nova asks feeling her wrist start to hurt.

"You two can tell the commander what the mountain men are doing to us in there" Anya answers still walking and dragging Clarke along. "So let's work together. We don't have to be enemies" Clarke suggest and Anya scoffs back in annoyance "And unite with someone as weak as you? I don't think so" Anya states as Nova stops in place.

"Hey, Move it" Anya demands and Nova turns to Anya. "Untie me!" Nova begged softly. Anya shook her head until she heard a sound in the distance "Mountain men" Nova stated and Anya looked to Nova before pushing her and Clarke behind a tree.

"They found us" Anya stating the obvious while looking around. "Run" Anya says as she and Clarke run. Nova lets out a sigh trying to untie the rope on her wrist behind her back but is unsuccessful and makes a run for it following Anya and Clarke.

While Clarke, Nova and Anya continue through the woods they stop in their tracks and take a breather. "Quiet. You can't even walk in the woods" Anya says in annoyance making Nova roll her eyes. "Then untie me I can run better when my arms are in front of me" Nova says and Anya shakes her head "No, because I know you'll never leave her side" Anya states pointing to Clarke. Nova looks over at Clarke sighs while gazing into her eyes as she knew Anya was right no matter what was going on Nova wouldn't leave Clarke behind. Never.

Anya looks down at a puddle in front of her before Clarke and Nova kneel down next to her. Anya grabs mud from the puddle and puts it on Nova's face making her make a sour face as the mud is spread on her face. "What the hell?" Nova questions as mud drips down onto her clothes.

"You reek. Cover yourself in it" Anya states as Clarke is a little taken back but she does it anyway and covers herself in mud.

After a while Nova, Anya and Clarke are walking through the woods still being pursued by the Mountain Men. "How are they still following us?" Nova asked leaning up against the tree as the mud dries up on her face. "It's because of her.Time to end this" Anya says referring to Clarke as she tries to give her away to the mountain men. Clarke pulls Anya closer to her "Anya, I am stepping where you step. I'm covered in mud. We're not leaving a trail" Clarke says as Nova leans her shoulder against the tree and her arm feels weird it feels bumpy.