𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
"Clarke"
——

The Delinquents are on the ground listening to Jaha's Unity Day remarks.

"My friends, this is a historic Unity Day. Every year, we mark the moment our ancestors of the twelve stations joined to form the Ark, but this is the last time we do so while aboard her. Next year, on the ground" Jaha says.

Nova stands in the front with her hands in her pockets with Bellamy standing next to her looking annoyed. "What? Don't like Unity Day? I would assume as you are a guard you love it" Nova sasses and Bellamy rolls his eyes.

"Listen, I apologiz-" Bellamy says but gets cut off by Nova. "I'm just joking" Nova sighs looking over at Octavia.

"Do you like my sister guard killer?" Bellamy asks and Nova moves her eyes to glare up at Bellamy. "Only if she likes me Bellamy Blake" Nova says smiling and turning back to Jaha on the screen.

"Whoo! Yeah! Monty strikes again! Hey! Call this batch Unity Juice! Who's thirsty? Monty! There you go" Jasper cheers as he goes around giving people hooch Monty made.

"To our sons and daughters on Earth listening to this message, we will see you soon. The first Exodus ship will launch in under sixty hours, carrying you the reinforcements that you need, so stay strong. Help is on the way" Jaha says as Nova laughs and grabs a full cup from Jasper and takes a sip but is a little taken back by the taste and swallows it then lets out a raspy cough.

Nova looks at Finn who puts a horn in his pocket and meets with Nova and shock travels his face. Nova realizes that's the horn from the grounder that stabbed her.

Finn looks around and leaves the camp. Nova gave her cup to someone and rushed out of camp to spot Finn running away. Nova let out a sigh and ran towards Finn grabbing his shoulder and swinging him around.

"What the hell are you doing?" Nova asks and Finn sighs keeping his one hand in his pocket. "Going back to the cave. We need to stop this war somehow" Finn states and Nova crosses her arms and begins nodding slowly.

"Then I'm coming with" Nova says and Finn nods then starts leading the way. They finally reach the cave and Nova gets major Deja Vu but she steps in anyway and spots Octavia and the grounder.

"Octavia?" Nova questions spotting Octavia button her pants. "Nova?! Finn! Lincoln, wait, wait! There my friends" Octavia shouts as Lincoln lunges at Nova and Finn.

"You lost this" Nova says pulling the horn out Finns pocket and giving it to the grounder Lincoln angrily look over at Octavia. Octavia clears her throat and looks at Nova "So, why are you here?" Octavia asks.

"Could ask you the same thing" Nova says sassy "I could also ask how long you've known he speaks English, but I won't" Finn says and points at the horn. "You blew that when your people were hunting us. You saved our lives. I have to believe there's more like you" Finn says and Lincoln meets eyes with Nova and puts his hand out, Nova steps back but sees he means well and puts her hand in his and shakes it.

"I'm sorry" Lincoln says and Nova nods her head slipping her hand away. "I heard they tortured you up there. If the two of us can get along, then maybe there's hope" Nova states and Lincoln nods his head.

"How will that even happen?" Octavia chimes in. "For starters. No more killing" Finn states and Lincoln scoffs shaking his head "I don't have the power to call a truce" Lincoln states.

"Then bring me to someone who does. Look, The rest of our people are coming down here. The first ship lands in two days" Finn says, Octavia nodding in understanding. "And because of the attacks, they're sending mostly soldiers, the people that enforce our laws. The Ark is about survival at any cost, and they'll kill people who fall out of line. When those people get down here if they feel threatened, they will start a war, and I don't want that. Neither do you, and I think that's why you blew that horn. Once the soldiers get here, it will be too late, and we'll have no power to stop them, but if they see that we're at peace, then maybe we have a chance to stay that way" Finn states and Lincoln starts thinking then finally comes up with an answer.

"Fine. Bring your leader and I'll bring mine" Lincoln says. "What, Bellamy? He'll never go for this" Octavia says and Nova nods putting her hands in her pocket. "Not your brother" Lincoln states and realization falls on Novas face.

"Clarke".

——

Finn and Nova made it back to camp and saw everyone having fun and drinking. Nova and Finn spotted Clarke playing a game with some other people.

"You should grab her. She won't listen to me" Finn says and Nova nods making her way over to Clarke. "Clarke, Hey!" Nova says as Clarke spins around since Nova grabbed her attention.

"What's up?" Clarke asks stepping to the side with Nova. "Can we take a walk?" Nova asks and Clarke scrunches up her face "Why? I'm having a drink" Clarke states crossing her arms.

"It's important. Can you just— come with me?" Nova says and Clarke shakes her head and begins to walk away until Finn appears and grabs her arm. Once Clarke notices she snatches her arm away "What the hell?" Clarke says and Finn and Nova sigh.

"I set up a meeting with the Grounders" Finn whispers and Clarke's eyes widen in shock. "A meeting? I don't understand. With who? How?" Clarke asks and no one answers until Clarke looks at Nova for an answer.

"We went to the grounder who escaped. Lincoln" Nova answers and Clarke shakes her head "He spoke to you? Both of you?" Clarke questions and Finn scoffs. "Not important" Finn states.

"If we want to live in peace Finn, we can't live in peace with people who've done nothing but kill us" Clarke says and Nova rubs her forehead a little "We need to stop these killings. If this is a way why not try?" Nova speaks up.

"We stop the killings with the guns that the guards will bring down" Clarke states. "You really want a war? Because at this rate, that's what's coming. Look. I know it's a long shot, but this is our world now, and I think we can do better than the first time around. I trust him" Finn says and Clarke looks between Nova and Finn.

"Nova, look me in my eye and tell you trust the grounder" Clarke says stepping in front of Nova. Nova looks over at Finn then back at Clarke "I trust him Clarke and I trust you that you'll try and make this work" Nova says and Clarke nods her head slowly.

"If we go, we have to bring backup" Clarke says and Finn shakes his head stopping Clarke. "No way. We're not bringing guns. Those weren't the terms, and if we're gonna do this, we got to give it a fair shot" Finn says and Clarke sucks in a breath before nodding her head. "Fine— Just let me get my pack" Clarke says walking away.

Nova and Finn walk off and wait outside the camp. "You think she'll do the right thing. No backup?" Finn asks while Nova looks the around the woods with her hands in her pockets.

"I sure hope so" Nova says as they see Clarke come out. "We ready?" Clarke asks as her, Finn and Nova begin walking to their destination.