𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER ELEVEN
"Your choice"
——

"Bring out the girl, Bellamy!"

Nova, Charlotte, Clarke and Bellamy hid in the tent with Charlotte keeping her away from the crowd of delinquents. "Charolette why did you kill Wells?" Nova questions ignoring the screaming from outside.

"I was just trying to slay my demons, like Bellamy told me" Charlotte cries out pointing to Bellamy. "What the hell is she talking about?" Clarke questions angrily and Bellamy sighs putting his hands on his forehead.

"She misunderstood me. Charlotte, that is not what I meant" Bellamy tells.

"Bring the girl out now!"

Finn comes into the tent zipping it shut "Those are your boys out there" Finn states to Bellamy. "This is not my fault. If she had listened to me, those idiots would still be building the wall" Bellamy says blaming Clarke.

"You want to build a society, princess? Let's build a society. Bring her out"

"If you hadn't told a child to 'slay her demons' we wouldn't be here right now!" Nova shouts throwing her hands in the air.

"Bellamy please" Charlotte cries as Bellamy is about to leave the tent. Bellamy puts his hands on Charlottes shoulder. "Charlotte, hey, it's gonna be okay. Just stay with them" Bellamy says leaving the tent.

Nova sticks her head out and sees the group is distracted and helps Charlotte, Clarke, and Finn out the tent then follows them to the woods.

"Charlotte! Charlotte, I know you can hear me! And when I find you, you are gonna pay! Come on" Murphy shouts echoing throughout the woods so Nova and the group can hear.

After a while it is clear it's about to be night soon so they stop in the middle of the woods. "It's gonna be night soon, Finn. Where are we going? At least tell me you have a plan and we're not just wandering aimlessly through the woods" Clarke says breathlessly.

" have a plan" Finn states and Charlotte grabs onto Clarke's hand for support but Clarke snatches her hand away. "What the hell do you think you're doing? Just because we saved you doesn't mean you're forgiven. Got it?" Clarke says and Nova puts her hand on Clarke's shoulder.

"Clarke.. it's okay" Nova reassures and Clarke wiggles her shoulder removing Nova's hand. "She's a killer. You killed someone, Charlotte. Ended his life. Did you stop to think about that for even one second? Look at me! You can't just kill someone to make yourself feel better" Clarke yells scaring Charlotte and Nova clears her throat looking around.

"Charlotte! Guard killer Nova and Clarke and Finn can't save you!"

"We should run" Clarke says and Finn stops Clarke "That's one way to go. I like my plan better. Get in. Get in" Finn says and Charlotte jumps in the small bunker Finn found.

Finn and Clarke get in and wait for Nova. Nova sighs and looks down at them "You guys should stay. I'll keep them off you" Nova says and Clarke scoffs grabbing Nova's hand.

"Nova your coming in let's go" Clarke demands and Nova moves her hand away. "I'll be back" Nova says shutting the bunker.

"Nova! No!" Clarke screams out as Nova shuts the bunker securely.

"Charlotte! Come out come out wherever you are!" Nova hears Murphy shouts and puts leaves over the bunker door and rushes through the woods and spots the large group of delinquents running throughout the woods.

——

It was now nightfall and Nova ran into Bellamy "Bellamy.." Nova says breathing heavily from running all night. "Nova? Where the hell are the rest?" Bellamy asks and Nova waves him off.

"There fine I promise" Nova says as she hears running footsteps in the distance.

"Charlotte! You can't hide forever. Don't worry. We won't hurt you".

Nova and Bellamy follow the footsteps and in the little light they spot Charlotte. Novas eyes widen and her and Bellamy rush towards her, finally catching her.

"Let me go!" Charlotte screams and Nova keeps trying to shush her. "I'm trying... hey, hey. I'm trying to help you" Bellamy says and Charlotte pushes him away.

"I'm not your sister! Just stop helping me! I'm over here!" Charlotte screams out and Nova quickly puts her hand over Charlottes mouth. "You are gonna get all of us killed" Nova whispers slowly removing her hand from Charlottes mouth.

"Just go, okay? I'm the one they want" Charlotte pleads. "Charlotte your just a kid. We're not gonna leave you" Nova says.

"Please. Aah! Murphy! I'm over here!" Charlotte yells and starts trying to run away and Nova grabs her. "No, no! Murphy!".

Charlotte releases from Novas grip and Murphy and the rest of the delinquents show up with torches in hand. "Bellamy! You two cannot fight all of us. Give her up" Murphy says as Bellamy puts Charlotte behind him.

"Maybe not, but I guarantee I'll take a few of you with me" Bellamy says and Clarke and Finn appear out of the woods. "Bellamy! Stop! This has gone too far. Just calm down. We'll talk about this" Clarke says trying to calm down everyone.

"I'm sick of listening to you talk" Murphy snatches Clarke and puts his knife to her neck. "Let her go!" Nova screams instantly feeling the urge to protect her. "I will slit her throat" Murphy states.

"Murphy let her go!" Nova screams out and Clarke glares at Nova. "No, please. Please don't hurt her" Charlotte cries out.

"Don't hurt her? Okay, I'll make you a deal. You come with me right now, I will let her go" Murphy says and Nova looks at Charlotte and grabs her arm and starts walking towards Murphy but Bellamy quickly grabs Charlotte.

"You are not taking her" Bellamy states and Nova scoffs. "You heard her Bellamy. Your not her sister so back the hell off" Nova says and Bellamy tightens his grips on Charlotte.

"She's just a kid" Bellamy says. "We're all kids! All of us and they sent us down here to die and if this is the way she's gotta go then so be it!" Nova shouts and Charlotte gets out of the grip of Nova and Bellamy.

"I have to! Murphy, this is not happening. I can't let any of you get hurt anymore. Not because of me. Not after what I did" Charlotte says getting a little to close to the edge of the cliff.

"Charlotte.." Nova says but before she knows Charlotte has jumped off. Clarke releases herself from Murphy and goes to the edge. "Charlotte! No!" Clarke cries out and Bellamy turns around and starts punching Murphy repeatedly.

"Bellamy! Stop!" Nova shouts "Bellamy! No! You'll kill him!" Clarke screams out. "He deserves to die" Bellamy says pointing to a tired out Murphy.

"No! We don't decide who lives and dies. Not down here" Clarke states. "So help me God, if you say the people have a right to decide..." Bellamy says but gets cut off by Clarke.

"No, I was wrong before, okay? You were right. Sometimes it's dangerous to tell people the truth. But if we're gonna survive down here, we can't just live by whatever the hell we want. We need rules and We'll make them together" Clarke states referring to her and Bellamy and Nova nods her head slowly.

"So, what, then? We just take him back and pretend like it never happened?" Bellamy asks. "No! We banish him".

Bellamy grabs Murphy but the collar of his shirt and holds him up. "If I ever catch you near camp, we'll be back here. Understand? As for the four of you, you can come back and follow me, or go off with him to die. Your choice".