𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
"Your mom's early"
——

Clarke, Nova and Finn walk through the woods together. "I'd love it if you were right about this, but did you two ever consider it might be a trap?" Clarke asks and Nova shrugs her shoulders. "I kind of just followed his lead and went with it so.. no" Nova confesses and Clarke sighs and shakes her head.

"It's Unity Day, I decided to have hope instead" Finn says and Clarke and Nova share a look then let out a small chuckle. Nova takes a deep breath after feeling a sharp pain in side where she stabbed.

Clarke stops Nova from walking and steps in front of her. "Let me have a look at that" Clarke says as she gently lifts up Nova's shirt and checks her wound.

"You really trust the guy who stabbed you?" Clarke asks putting Nova's shirt down and looking at her. "He seems nice" Nova shrugs and puts a cheeky smile on her face.

"Sounding more and more like Bellamy" Finn jokes and begins walking along with Clarke and Nova. "I'm just trying to keep us alive" Clarke states.

"So am I. At least they're good for something" Finn states and Clarke sighs as they continue to walk through the woods.

——

Clarke, Nova and Finn finally arrive at the meeting place after many hours. Octavia soon caught up with them and stayed with the group until they arrived at the bridge.

"So that's how you set this up. You helped him escape, didn't you?" Clarke says as they stand at the edge of the bridge and see Lincoln, the grounder that escaped walk up. "I trust him, Clarke" Octavia defends and Clarke sighs "A lot of that going around" Clarke says as Octavia spots Lincoln and rushes up to him hugging him.

Nova watches Lincoln lift Octavia up from the ground slightly as they hug. Clarke turns her gaze to Nova and starts to feel bad for her but doesn't say anything that could make her more upset.

"Wait. Look. Oh, my God. Horses!" Clarke says happily and surprised. Nova looks at the other end of the bridge and sees 3 people on horses and weapons.

"Finn I thought you said no weapons" Nova says bumping into his arm. "I did. Hey! We said no weapons" Finn shouts grabbing Lincoln's attention and he shrugs his shoulders "I was told there wouldn't be" Lincoln says and Clarke sighs.

"Too late now" Clarke says as she starts walking towards the grounders. Nova and Finn try walking behind Clarke but is stopped by Lincoln "She goes alone" Lincoln states and Nova scoffs and steps back.

"I'll be okay" Clarke says looking to Finn and Nova. Lincoln grabs Octavia pushes her back slightly while Clarke and Lincoln's leader have a conversation.

Nova watches from a far intently and Clarke looks pissed. Nova sighs and hears rustling in the woods. Nova looks over and sees Bellamy, Raven and Jasper watching Clarke from far away. "Shit" Nova whispers and looks at the other grounders making sure they don't spot them until...

"They're gonna shoot! Clarke, run! Run!" Jasper yells from the trees. Nova widens her eyes and looks up in the trees. "Clarke! The trees!" Nova screams as Finn pulls Nova down to the ground.

"Clarke, get down!" Finn shouts and Nova sighs and starts running as fast as she can towards Clarke when arrows start flying around. Nova grabs Clarke's arm and pulls her away when Lincoln gets hit by an arrow. Octavia doesn't think about anything else and rushes past Nova to get to Lincoln.

Nova breathes heavily and finally gets Clarke to the other side of the bridge. Bellamy, Jasper and Raven rush down to the bridge.

"Run! Don't stop till you get behind your walls. Go! Take her!" Lincoln shouts as Bellamy grabs his sister and starts running away. Nova lets out a cough and holds her side before Clarke puts Nova's arm around her shoulder and runs with her along with the rest of the group. No one stops running until they are safe and behind their walls.

Clarke, Nova, Finn, Octavia, Bellamy, Jasper and Raven are sprinting back to camp but stop in their tracks to catch their breath. Clarke gently sets Nova down on a log. "You got anything to say?" Bellamy starts and throws his hands up in the air.

"We said no guns!" Nova argues and holding her side. "I told you both we couldn't trust the Grounders. I was right" Clarke says look between Nova and Finn.

"Why didn't you tell me what you were up to?" Raven asks stepping to Finn. "I tried, but you were too busy making bullets for your gun" Finn states.

"You're lucky she brought that! They came there to kill you, Finn. You and Nova" Bellamy says and Nova shakes her head. "You don't know that! Jasper fired the first shot!" Finn argues and Octavia steps in.

"You two ruined everything" Octavia says and Nova looks into Octavia's eyes and sees the pain but it isn't for her it's for Lincoln. "Well, Who's ready for a war because if we didn't have one then we sure as hell have one now" Nova states as she stands up from the log she was sitting on, grunting in slight pain.

"Best Unity Day ever. Bellamy cheers sarcastically until an explosion sounds through the air, which is revealed to be the Exodus ship. "Exodus ship?" Nova questions.

"Your mom's early" Bellamy adds and Clarke slowly tugs a smile on her face. "Wait. Too fast. No parachute? Something's wrong" Clarke says as her smile fades. Exodus ship impacts heavily with the ground, creating a mushroom cloud. Nova gasps quietly and looks over at Clarke who sinks to her knees, believing her mother to be dead.

"No!" Clarke cries out and Nova kneels down next to her and rubs her back and pulls her in for a hug. "No!" Clarke continues to cry out.