Awkward

Vera p.o.v
I caused a whole earthquake in the school. Melissa was levitating. But we would know who would win. The one who's darkness was awaken inside of her. "Lighting!" Said Melissa, drawing a magic circle. It was carried away by the wind of
Black Fire I was creating. I caused a fist made out of my power to punch through her barrier. I knocked her on the ground, about to give the finishing blow. "You, are a coward! You put up a weak fight. This is real magic! Not waving around wands and disappearing with capes in vain. Even if you use those things, you aren't using your magic from the heart! You, are a so called great Wizardess, when all you are is a cowardly, stuck up, bully. And it's only you, who gets in everyone's business! Bothering them! How did you know about my past! " I yelled, grabbing her with my powers and squeezing her in the magical hand. "And now it's my turn to snap your fragile, tiny little neck, in half!" I said, the black flames consuming us, wind whipping harder, my eyes glowing an even deeper red. "Blinding light!" Yelled Melissa, drawing another magic circle. I turned my head away, Melissa still in my magics grasp. "Silly girl! Don't you know I always win!" Yelled Melissa, riding on a broomstick. I used my magic to break it to splinters, and I grabbed her again. My magic slowly stole her soul. "Ugh." She said, squirming . "Barrage of a million me." She said in a weak voice, thousands of them appearing around me. "Don't be silly. I can tell who's the real one." I said. But by the time I managed to get through all of them to follow her, she was gone. And her Ora couldn't be sensed. I collapsed, the problem was finally gone. My eyes slowly closed.

I woke up to Lazaurus stroking my hair. "Uh...." I was not sure what to say, if I could even speak. "Hm?" Said Lazaurus, pink eye staring into my soul. I sat up. "Where are we?" I said in a weak voice, looking around. "I found a secret room in the archives. The master built a bedroom to sleep in." He said. "Oh." I managed to say. The journal fell off the bed as I sat up. I bent down to pick up the journal, but so did Lazaurus . And our heads collided. "Ow!" We both said. Lazaurus cheeks grew red. "Uh, sorry", he said, scratching his head. "No problem...." I said, and averted my gaze. Awkward......."so did you um.....get hurt..." I managed to mumble. "No. But it's getting worse. You literally almost stole a whole soul from someone. "But I did that to you to save you. Because you were dying...." I said. This was making everything more awkward. I tugged on my navy blue hair, a habit when uncomfortable or nervous. "I'll go find a book ......." Said, Lazaurus, beginning to leave. "Stop.....don't leave me alone......" I said, collapsing. It hurts to even speak. "Uh..." Said Laz, stopping in his tracks. My chest felt tight, and I kept coughing. What happened to my lungs? This always happens after I over use my powers. My lavender eyes stared into him. Lazaurus........

Laz was my familiar true, but that was because I saved his life. He was against a tree, a big hole in his stomach....I managed to take his soul and manifest a body for him. He still won't tell me what happened.....but I feel sorry for him.....that he experienced so much pain.....but I know how it feels too. But this shows how much I care about him. It took my all just to pull his soul from his dying body.....

"Sure." He said."just rest." He said, and laid me back down. "Does it hurt....to speak?" He said, sitting down on the bed. I nodded. "I'll go make some speak easy macaroons." He said, turning to a whisp and flying away . Do you not understand the words "don't leave me alone" ! I said mentally. Laz face palmed. "Then I'll just bring you with me." He said, taking me in his arms. "You aren't acting like yourself. It's like you've gotten less mature. But that only happens when you are worried." I said mentally. "Because I am." He said. So that's why. Oops! I forgot to explain what he meant by speak easy macaroons. Laz is also magical. He can bake, but it's not regular. He can magically bake, as well as use his golden bubbles to defend protect, and attack. We were soon in the kitchen. The nice lunch ladies ( not mean, make actual food, and wear flattering clothes. No uniforms, unlike us unfortunately.) waved. Is this where you go sometimes? I asked. "Yeah. Now watch me bake like you've never seen me bake before, Vera." He said.