F O U R

F O U R:

Liyah: Don't quit! He didn't mean it.

Me: Idc, I been through too much. He's too damn childish.

Liyah: Mama will be EXTREMELY disappointed & she gon kick your ass if you're coming home.

Me: Aaliyah I have a black eye! I think Daddy and Anthony would fly all the way to NY just to kill O!

Liyah: That should be another reason why you shouldn't want to show your face in Miami just yet. & look at you calling him "O". You care about him, I know you do. You ain't going no damn where.

I sighed and sat my phone down. She was the younger sister and was always right. I do care about him, why wouldn't I?

I glanced at my suitcases, looking at one of them being full and another half full. I want to leave, but then I'd be out of job. Getting another one isn't a problem, it's just the time it'll take. I'll basically be starting all over.

Then if I went back home, shit would pop off forreal. My eye went from purple to black. If my daddy and brother see me like this, they'll beat Odell's ass then beat my ass for wounding up like this. Odell is already crippled, I wouldn't want him to be in the ER and I don't want to be the next him in a wheelchair. So all of this is a lot to think through.

I'm tired though, I'm tired of the fussing and yelling and fighting. Odell is twenty-two years old! He acts like he's five. And I still gave him the attention he wanted. It's like the attention was the fuel to his drive.

Me: Come to NY

Liyah: you paying???

I chuckled and shook my head. That's my little sister.

Me: Yeah man. Tickets, hotel, MEALS!!! Errthang.

Liyah: Hotel? Hell no. Im staying in that big ass mansion with you

Me: I cant just invite ppl into his house Aaliyah

Liyah: This is where you get what you want since he socked yo ass in the face

Me: It wasn't a punch, it was a kick. And I punched him back.

Liyah: Even worse!!!! Done served yo ass with some Kung Fu. Ali listen, you gotta know how to seduce. You basically get whatever the hell you want now. If he's really sorry, he'll let you have just about anything you ask for

Me: Im not asking him for anything

Liyah: YES!!! Thats good sis. You demand it!!

Me: No. I mean Im not going to speak to him.

Liyah: The hell you gon do then? Sign language?

Me: -.- Im serious

Liyah: So am I. I'm not staying in no funky hotel. Figure it out...

Me: But they have nice hotels here

She never texted back, and I just knew it was the end of the conversation. Once again, even though she was the little sister, her attitude, tone, and words make people think otherwise.

I still can't believe he kicked me. Accident or not, he could've just slapped my hand away. But, he went to the extreme and actually did some Kung Fu shit on my ass.

I thought about Aaliyah's words. If he's really sorry, he'll let you have just about anything you want. I wasn't too sure about that. Anything I wanted? Yeah, sure. And how in the hell was that going to happen.

You gotta know how to seduce. Seducing Odell isn't even the hard part. He's a freak, so he'll take whatever I throw at him. So maybe this can work. In the meantime, I need to ice this black eye.

ODELL POV:

"Ma, I didn't mean it." I whined to my momma while leaning back on her lap.

After everything happened, I asked my cousin to come pick me up and take me to my momma house, since I couldn't drive. It's nothing I can really say. All I can say is 'I'm sorry', but I know that shit gets tiring. And I wouldn't be surprised if Alizae and all her belongings are gon by the time I get back.

But, I wasn't so sure that-that was what I wanted now.

"You probably didn't mean it, but it happened and now you gotta make it right." She rubbed her hand on my head.

I sighed and shook my head. After she hit me, I didn't even go after her. She probably would have did worse than punch me. And I don't need that right now since I'm defenseless with only one foot. I wouldn't even be able to walk away. Only thing my crippled ass can do is crawl, and I highly doubt that'll get me away from her rage.

When she got in my bed last night, I didn't think she'd actually do it. I don't why I asked, I just wanted company and she was the best candidate. I haven't slept in my bed in months, and having someone next to me to cuddle up to was another thing I had to get comfortable with.

"Odell, I can't believe you kicked her in the face. That's like some Kung Fu shit, baby."

She started laughing and clapped her hands.

"Momma, it ain't funny. I think she might actually leave."

"And you care? I thought that was what you wanted."

Isn't that what I wanted? For the past week I was determined to get Alizae out of my house, career, and entire life. I wasn't sure anymore though. I wasn't sure if I was ready just yet to not wake up and fuss and yell and fight with her all day. Catch attitudes with her all day. Prank her all day. Look at her all day.

My phone buzzed, and it was, surprisingly, a call from Alizae. A smile tugged at my lips looking at her name in my phone. 'Horse' is what the screen read. immediately picked up, sitting up and hopping off of the couch. I left my mom alone, and sat on the marble counter in the kitchen.

"Hello?"

"My sister is coming to New York. Can she stay here with us?"

Hearing her voice made me sigh. She sounds like she's been crying. But her voice was cold as hell.

"Yeah, whatever you want," I answered quickly.

"Thanks," she replied dryly.

"About today, I-."

She hung up.

I sighed, and leaned back on the wall. No football, now no Alizae. What am I gonna with my life.