Chapter Fourteen

Not many would take the time to think about what a human being would taste like. It is just not something that a normal person would fundamentally think about. Perhaps that is why Bell was thinking it. She was absolutely and totally thinking about it. She had never been what one would term as normal. Her thoughts went from one end of the spectrum to another within the span of three seconds. Her thoughts had went from wanting David to never stop kissing her to wanting nothing more than to drink him dry. See? Totally not normal. Everything was cloudy as she inhaled his heady scent and took her first sip. He was spice and everything that was sinful walking on this Earth. Cinnamon and sandalwood blended together to form a flavor that was uniquely his own and she wanted all that he could give her. One of his hands rose up to cup the back of her head, wrapping itself around her wild curls. The other locked around her waist and pulled her flush on top of him, sending him onto his back on her cool sheets. She followed him down with no hesitation, her elbows resting on the bed on either side of his head as she drank and drank. Everything was on fire and she found herself pulling away from her newly found haven to take a deep breath. She closed her eyes not for but a second as she let the sensation of him wash over her. When her eyes opened once more, she was greeted with the sight of a silent David staring at her, watching her.

Wanting her.

He was silent as he lifted the hand at her hip to run over her parted lips. She watched as he brought that same hand to his own mouth. She nearly found herself melting into him when she caught sight of his tongue running along the damp skin. She barely had time to react before a hand was in her hair once more and her lips were once again claimed by him. Kissing David was not like anything that she had experienced before. He consumed her. Everything that was her became his the moment her mouth opened to his own. The same moment that his hips rose up to meet her own, his tongue thrust into her mouth to wrap around her own. The moan that was released was not planned and was instantaneous as a result of his decision to pull her in. She barely found herself focusing on the fact that there was a rust to the kiss, a dark twist that was not something people found commonly while groping. All she knew was that she never wanted this moment to end. His hand found a home on her hip as he moved her hips sharply over his own. The feel of him right there was enough to have her ripping her mouth away from his own and tilting her head back to experience the sensation in full. She followed his lead and rocked over him, chasing that ultimate high as he looked up at her with something akin to rapture. One of her hands released its grip on the sheets by his head and ran through the platinum locks at the nape of his neck, pulling him to her. Both of his arms were now wrapped around her waist, holding her to him as they rocked.

He rasped, "You feel so good, Belladonna. I can't wait for you to feel you wrapped around me. Can you feel me, sweet girl? How much I want you?"

His words, breathed into her ear, urged her to move faster. She was chasing that pleasure, that constantly increasing climb. She could feel it building now, at the very pit of her being. He was just so warm and hard underneath her. Running her lips over his own, she whispered, "You feel so good. You asked for a taste."

She ground down hard at the end of that sentence and pulled herself away from him so that she could see his face once more, "Take it, David."

Her head was tugged back and lips were soon running down the sensitive column of her throat. Her hands clutched at his shoulders as she moved with more urgency. She needed this. She needed him. It was as necessary as breathing at this point. One hand left his shoulder and cupped the back of his head, urging him, "Please."

His teeth clamped down and her body exploded. Well, not literally of course. That would be unfortunate considering how good this moment felt to her. White clouded her vision as she wrapped herself further around David, pulling him closer as breathed her in.

It was a revelation. An awakening.

Distantly, as though she was underwater, she heard a rasped groan arise from him as his hips rose beneath her own. David continued to take and take as she writhed in his arms. Reluctantly, as though he never wanted to let her go, he released his bite and leaned back to take her in. She was still panting as she locked eyes with him. His own chest was rising and falling faster than usual but the look in his eyes was warm as they gazed into her own. Bell leaned into the hand that rose up to cup her cheek. Her own rose to run a finger across his lips, catching the copper glint there. He watched her as she brought that digit back and into the warm cavern of her mouth. The taste of both herself and David had combined and she found the flavor to be something that she could come to crave instead of fear or find disgusting. Her voice was soft as she whispered, "Blood and a flair for nightfall. I'm sensing a connection between the two, David."

"You know, Belladonna. Don't pretend to ignore what you are, what we are."

His voice had gained volume at the end as though he were insulted by the idea of her rejecting the notion of a future with him and the others. She ran a hand down his chest, still perched on top of him, "Calm yourself. I've already had a taste of you. I trust my gut. I always have."

He leaned up into her, his nose barely brushing her own, "And what is that gut of yours telling you now, flower?"

Her lips ran against his, "That perhaps we should find the others before Paul breaks through my window trying to eavesdrop."

There was a crash and then a booming, "Lil' Bit, I would never listen to the private moments of lovers."

"Did Marko teach you new words?"

An inhaled gasp, "That is insulting to my intelligence. Apologize!"

"I will when you cut your hair."

Another loud gasp followed by the others laughter met her in response. She ignored them but for a moment to look into David's eyes, "My gut tells me that this is something real and..."

He watched her, "And?"

"Something forever, David."

He did not smile at her but she saw the relief in his eyes, the smallest glint that what she said had pleased him. She did not stop herself from smiling, enjoying the satisfied rumbling that erupted from his chest.

"Poison, I didn't know you could make a grown male purr. Do you have him trained to go in the litter box as well?"

She brushed her lips once more against David's own and rasped into his ear, "Give em' hell."

He was gone from underneath her in an instance. The sounds of their laughter as they began to push and pull against each other met her ears. She closed her eyes and sighed at the feeling of just being right. All was falling into place.

Opening her eyes, she found Dwayne leaned up against her bed, watching as the others argued. Her head leaned against his arm as she joined him in looking at the others. His voice was quiet when compared to his brothers, "You wish to stay with us?"

"I think that choice was made the instant I met Max."

All at once, the voices went quiet as they all turned to look at her. She met their gazes with a fierce one of her own, "Dude, it so no hard to see the complex you guys have going on with him. And I knew I needed his approval before I knew anything else."

David was the first to speak, "I'm sure he will be happy that we have our own personal night shade now."

Marko's face twisted into a dark grin, "It'll kill you with a smile."