Chapter Thirteen

An out of body experience. There was no way that this was her. The cries echoing in her own ears could not have left her lips. And yet, she knew that she could not lie to herself. The hands on her body pushed and pulled her closer and closer, taking her deeper into a heated abyss that she found herself greeting with an internal smile. He was everywhere, drowning her in his passion. The heat was undeniable. Bell had no clue they were no longer in the foyer until her back was pressed against the wooden frame of her bedroom door. She ripped her mouth away from his, taking in a deep breath of fresh air, her lungs thankful for the relief. His mouth did not leave her, lips trailing down to the skin between her neck and shoulder. Her hands ran up to cradle the back of his head as her own rolled back to grant him more access. Lips quickly gave away to teeth as he nipped at the sensitive flesh and she could not stop herself from letting out a small whimper at the feeling. Her hips moved, without her even realizing it, grinding into his own. The hands that had been planted on either side of her head, surrounding her, were suddenly gone and she was left panting against the frame.

"Why?"

It was not even an exclamation as much as it was a cry. To even her ears, it sounded rather pitiful. Perhaps she was. She was burning and he was walking away. Her hands were balled into fists so tight at her sides that she was surprised that she had not drawn blood. Her eyes trailed up his heaving chest and locked onto his face. He made her breath catch. His jaw was clenched as he stared at her. Bell had never felt so watched in all of her life. One of his leather coated hands came up to rub down the lower half of his face as he looked upon her, the expression of a man lost. The sight of something so ultimately male had her squeezing her thighs as she pressed herself more firmly into the wood to keep from jumping him. A deep inhale was her only warning before he was once more on her. Hands were suddenly on her hips lifting her and her legs immediately found themselves wounding around his waist, pulling him in. Lips brushed against her ear, "You smell so sweet for me. Like the good little flower you are."

Her eyes nearly rolled into the back of her head as he nipped the sensitive skin, "Would you let me have a taste, Belladonna?"

"David-"

The breath was stolen from her as he ground his hips into her own, an upward shift that had her flying for the shortest of seconds. A simple gesture that awakened a hunger that she had thought she knew. Truth was, she had no fucking clue what hunger was apparently. Her hands shot out and cupped his face as she kissed him back, drowning in the taste of him. He was wild and something untamed. Bell would compare it to spice and smoke and the oddest tinge of metal that had her pulling him closer, trying to get a better taste. Her legs tightened around his waist, his body nestled between her thighs. She had never really given much thought to the size difference between the two of them until this moment. His body seemed so large even with hers wrapped around him. One of her hands left his face to run through his blonde locks, clutching the platinum strands in her fingers and giving a sharp tug.

His body that had been rocking against her own stilled instantly and he drew away from her mouth. David, I swear by all that is holy, you better come back here right now. All thought left her head when his eyes met her own. She nearly found herself melting at the fire in his gaze. He took a step back from her. Taking the hint, she unlocked her legs from around his middle and let herself drift back to the ground. There was barely a hint of space between their bodies. She held her breath as he leaned forward, not once breaking eye contact. Instead of the warm kiss she was expecting, she was greeted with the sound of her bedroom door creaking open and the wood at her back giving away to nothing. She knew she wouldn't fall.

Leather wrapped hands found themselves at the small of her back as she was walked backwards into the darkened bedroom. Every step echoed alongside the hammering of the beat of her heart. His eyes never once left hers as he lifted a hand up and ran his thumb along her lower lip, the leather sticking to her skin. With no hesitation, her own hands lifted up and caught his own as it seemed hesitant to leave her face. Aware of his eyes remaining on her face, she looked down to pull off the leather glove hiding his skin from her own. It took only a second to remove his other one as well. She took a deep breath, trying to cement her confidence, and lifted the hand still within her grasp and placed it onto her chest.

"Please."

The hand on her became more firm as he stepped into the small space that had divided them, "Please what, Belladonna?"

Oh so now he is going to tease me. In retaliation, she ran her nails down his shirt-covered chest. Hard. She quickly found her head tipped back and her hair wrapped around his now bare hand. His breath was coming a bit quicker now as he stared down at her. Not a word was said. She found her attention being drawn to the pulse point just in front of her eyes. Outside of her panting, the only noise that she could hear was the sound of his heart. She found herself leaning toward that delicious sound, wanting and needing to be closer. The spice of him hit her nose as she inhaled deeply. A hand at her cheek brought her attention back to him and his ever watchful gaze.

"Take what you want."

She continued to stare at him for a moment. Apparently that one moment was much too long as he pulled her closer with the hand on her cheek, "I said take it. Now be a good girl and listen, flower."

A more sane person would have put more thought into what they were doing. She barely knew David and yet she found herself tying herself so closely to him and the others. She had never found herself in this position before with any man or woman. She should be nervous. And yet the only thought that consumed her was the question of what he tasted like. While her mind had been running rampant, she failed to notice that he had been bringing her closer and closer to that ever growing pulse. Her lips brushing against the sensitive skin brought her to reality and reminded her of the situation.

'You know what you need, sweet girl. Take it."

Perhaps in the morning she would question her sanity. Or better yet, she would ponder why her mouth suddenly felt too small for her teeth. Or perhaps she would wonder what could have caused her to sink her teeth into the neck of her possible boyfriend. But maybe that was a question better left for the morning because at the moment she could only feel him and his body on hers as she drew in that first mouthful.

Could this be considered cannibalism?