Chapter 8: The Coronation

It is morning. Anastasia has just had breakfast with Princess IssaBella and is now running after Darian, shouting. Finally Darian stops and asks 'Is this about that night?' Anastasia thinks 'What? No uhm you have to choose IssaBella as your queen.' He rolls his eyes and continues "Darian choose IssaBella, choose IssaBella." Anastasia yells as she runs after him again. He stops 'IssaBella the one who gave the whole sermon?' 'To you? Yes... she's great. She's the only one here who sees me as a normal person. She's nice and cares about people, that's what you look for in a queen.' she explains. 'How do you know what is wanted in a queen? I thought you didn't want to be one.' he asks back. "I don't want to either, but because you're so difficult and don't bother, I'll help you a little." says Anastasia. Darian sees Nicolas from a distance and says 'I don't need your help.' then he walks away.

"How are you?" Nicolas asks when Darian arrives at his place. Darian looks back at Anastasia who walks away. 'Honestly? I do not know.' 'Okay then to the next question, which princess are you going to choose? You have to make a choice, Your coronation is almost coming.' says Nicolas and Darian sighs. 'I don't want anyone else, I want Anastasia.' Nicolas puts a hand on Darian's shoulder. 'But she doesn't want you.' Darian shakes his head "No she doesn't want this royal status, that's a difference." "Dar, wake up if she really loved you that much she wouldn't have cared." says Nicolas but Darian doesn't listen. 'I have to come up with a plan to convince her, Thanks friend.' says Darian and leaves.

Anastasia sees IssaBella sitting and goes to her. 'Hey, sorry it's a bit boring at the castle. There isn't really that much to do.' laughs Anastasia. "Oh don't worry, maybe when I become queen I'll have plenty to do and princesses for that matter." laughs IssaBella. Anastasia sits down 'You were talking the other day that you all have a purpose here, what's yours?' IssaBella looks around for a moment then whispers 'I... I was already married and I am actually a queen of my own realm. The man I was married to... has passed away and my father doesn't believe I can rule the kingdom without a king by my side. That's why I'm here, I think this is the only way to show my father that I'm ready. Married or not married.' 'How bad, uhm my condolences. You must marry Darian.' says Anastasia and IssaBella smiles 'I would like to but marrying for love is so much more important and I wish him that... and you.' 'What?' asks Anastasia who has no idea. 'I see your spark, he loves you but...' IssaBella says and Anastasia interrupts her. 'Do I love him too? I don't know, I don't know and if I did... I wouldn't... I don't want to be this queen and all this stuff. That's not for me.' IssaBella looks at her and then smiles. "But the love is there and maybe you should go for it." Arthur walks by and is lugging things. Anastasia looks his way and IssaBella sees that "Unless your heart is already with someone else." 'What?' asks Anastasia who has not heard. 'Nothing.' IssaBella says quickly and starts laughing. "What if we have an old girls' night because it looks like you have a lot to discuss and you have no one to talk to." Anastasia laughs 'Is it so obvious? Sure seems fun to me.' IssaBella says 'My room tonight, looking forward to it.' then she walks away. Anastasia smiles then she looks at Arthur and she him. He leaves and she sighs.

Darian sits at the dinner table with the princesses. "Thank you for coming, we enjoy your presence," says Ophelia. Darian looks at his plate 'I didn't really feel like I had a choice.' IssaBella rolls her eyes 'What are your plans for the kingdom?' Darian finally looks at the girls. He had not expected that question and looks strange. 'For when you officially become king, you have to do it differently from the previous king. How do you want to handle that?' asks IssaBella. 'What does that matter? What matters is that he chooses one of us.' says Ophelia and Alice shakes her head. 'No, of course not, we are also here for the people and the kingdom. Darian is just a bonus and luckily because nothing personal but you are not exactly a hospitable king.' 'I have a lot of plans and I also have different kinds of sequences, but we still have to discuss what it will be exactly, but we have plenty of time so that's good.' reply Darian and IssaBella nods. "So why exactly are you here?" he sighs and the girls are surprised. He finally starts a conversation. 'Well, this wasn't my choice, my parents told me to. I'm not a crown princess so it was a choice between being a king from another realm or being disinherited so that I'm not royal at all.' Christina says and Darian nods then an idea pops into his head. It's on 'Excuse me all, I need to get something done real quick.' then he leaves. Nicolas is waiting outside in the hall and sees Darian walking out 'What are you going to do?' "I need to speak to Anastasia, please get the princesses back to their rooms." says Darian. "Whatever you're going to do, this is a bad plan." says Nicolas as Darian walks away.