Chapter 3: Worth Nothing

All kinds of doctors come from Darian's room. Anastasia and Nicolas are waiting in front of his room to be allowed in. Celia also comes out and goes to them. 'He has some broken ribs and a few stitches that are stitched but he survives.' 'Oh God, thank goodness.' Anastasia says, relieved. 'Can we go in?' Nicolas asks and Celia nods. They get up and Celia stops Anastasia. 'Not you.' She says as Nicolas enters. 'What, why not? I want to see him.' Says Anastasia. 'Sorry darling but I can't do that, that would seem strange. You shouldn't come across as a forbidden relationship.' Celia responds. 'What kind of nonsense is that? I'm just a friend who's worried about a friend.' Anastasia says, and Celia shakes her head. 'No, you're a maid and that's the prince who has the potential to become the king. If you are concerned, keep it to yourself, but the servants will not go there. Clear.' She disagrees with Celia and looks at her and then walks away.

She stands alone in a hall to relax, but it doesn't really work. Arthur came immediately when he heard the news and is now behind her. 'Hey I heard.' Anastasia turns and hugs him, he hugs her and she closes her eyes.

'I  can't go to him

'I can't go to him.' She says. 'Why not?' Arthur asks back. Anastasia rolls her eyes and says 'Stupid reasons.' Then she wipes away her tears. 'I'm not important enough, apparently.' 'What's that bullshit? You are best friends. You need each other and you are super worried.' he says. 'That's what I mean and she knows I find this difficult and yet she does this. I know she means well because everyone is watching him before the election but... I want to hear from him if he is okay.' Anastasia says concerned. 'It will be okay and maybe those two men have already come up with something so that you can still go to him. Darian is a strong man and leader, he rises above. I know that for sure.'

Anastasia  smiles a little and calms down a bit then she ends up in his arms  again

Anastasia smiles a little and calms down a bit then she ends up in his arms again. Nicolas walks up and says 'Stacey, I'll keep you informed okay and we'll make something up because he can't exactly sit still without talking to you.' 'Thank you.' says Anastasia. Arthur is holding Anastasia and shouts 'Nicolas, can I do something?' Nicolas shrugs and says 'You can try.' Then he walks away. Arthur lets her go and says 'I'm going to arrange something.' Then he leaves too.

Anastasia and Nicolas walk through the halls of the castle on their way to Darian's room. Nicolas and Arthur have been able to arrange something because someone has to bring the medicines to Darian, they have appointed Anastasia for once but then she has to behave like a maid. They are at the door and Nicolas knocks then they enter. 'Anastasia.' He says softly and she smiles. 'Your Majesty.' She says, bowing. 'How are you feeling?' He laughs and says 'It's much better than a few hours ago.' 'That's good to hear, these are the medications the doctor tells you to take.' She says. He smiles and says softly 'I'm glad you're here.' 'I'm glad you're home.' She says back, then she leaves. When she is outside she says thank you to Nicolas.