Chapter 5: Here And Now

Anastasia looks at him and then turns his face. 'Why did you do this?' She asks. 'Why do you think I started?' Darian asks innocently. She stops looking at his face and says 'Because I'm sure you started. In situations like that, you're not so easy with words, you throw everything out and you can't keep your hands to yourself.' 'He deserved it.' says Darian. 'And why that?' Anastasia asks. At first Darian doesn't want to answer then he says 'Because he has to stay away from you.' 'Wow.' Anastasia says, surprised 'You literally hung from a railing because of your stupid actions. Darian you can't fight why would you go to someone's fight if you know you can't win it.' 'I...' he tries to say but she interrupts 'Please say you started first and this is your fault is so he can just keep his job and keep working here.' He sighs. She looks at him and begs 'Darian, please.' He looks at her too and then leaves. In the end he did what she asked.

Anastasia is with Arthur and has been let in by Clara. 'So he got into a fight?' Asks Clara, and Anastasia sighs. 'I'm afraid so.' 'Idiot.' Laughs Clara. 'I'll leave you alone for a while.' She says as she hands the cool pack to Anastasia. 'Does it still hurt?' She asks. He shakes his head. 'I've had worse things.' Anastasia goes over to him and also looks at his face. 'What happened? Because this is not for you.' 'It doesn't matter, it happened.' he says, putting the cool pack back in the refrigerator. 'No because from what I've seen... Arthur you don't just fight, you have so much patience unless...' she sighs 'What did he say about me?' Arthur stops and looks at her. 'You have to ask him. I'm not going to tell you.' 'Guardian instinct.' Laughs Anastasia 'Why don't you just tell?' 'Because if I tell you... you're going to get mad at Darian and maybe even worse...' Arthur explains. from. Anastasia says 'That guy literally gave you a blood lip.' 'Yeah, but that guy doesn't bother me, it's about you. He's important to you and I don't want to be the one to screw that up for you.' Arthur replied. Anastasia doesn't know what to say and gets up. She walks over to him and he puts his hands on her hips. 'It is withdrawn by the way. You can continue to work at the castle. It's as if nothing happened.' He nods, then she says 'I'll... I'll go back.' She walks to the door and looks behind her and doesn't really know how to feel.

At the castle she enters Darian's room

At the castle she enters Darian's room. He's on the bed and some girls are taking care of him. So Anastasia opens the door with a wave, snaps her fingers so that the girls leave. 'Sit up.' 'You can't talk to him like that.' says one of the girls. 'I do, go away.' She says and the girl leaves. Anastasia closes the door and says 'What did you say about me?' Darian says nothing and she continues. 'You must have said something, you wanted him to fight you so what did you say? If you were man enough to tell him you could do it to me too.' Darian laughs 'It looks like your good friend wasn't man enough to tell you. If he doesn't tell you why would I do it. I think it's okay. Forgive and forget.' 'I'm so close to losing patience with you.' Anastasia says, sitting up. He wants to grab her but she says 'Don't.' He stays upright and she starts to say 'I'm slowly starting to finish with you. Every time a mistake and then the apologies, I get a little tired of it.' 'We're not even in a serious relationship.' says Darian. 'And I am not an object.' she says.