Chapter 2: Anastasia Challender

Anastasia is in the kitchen. Griselda comes in and asks if the food will work. 'I thought you're doing it on your own and the king can be a bit difficult sometimes...' 'No, I can do this myself.' Anastasia interrupts. 'But... are you sure?' Asks Griselda. 'Gris, nothing personal but... Get out of my kitchen!! I can do this.' Anastasia shouts. Arthur starts to laugh and Griselda looks at him. He shrugs and she leaves the kitchen. 'Okay what more needs to be cut?' He asks. 'All these vegetables.' Then she looks at the time. 'I hope we get it done.' 'I'm sure you are.' Arthur says, and she smiles. 'By the way, thanks for helping out.' 'Sure.' he says back.

The food is ready and it is served. Anastasia, Griselda and Arthur are waiting nervously in the kitchen. 'Oh wait, I forgot the salt. Call them back!!' shouts Anastasia who is pacing. 'No you didn't, I saw you put the salt and pepper on it.' Arthur says and she is shocked. 'Oh no, maybe it was too much pepper!!' Griselda takes her shoulders and says 'Look at me. The food looked delicious and if the king doesn't like it, it's not your fault.' 'He's an old bastard.' Arthur says. 'Exactly.' Says Griselda afterwards, then Anastasia starts to laugh. Celia comes in and looks serious. 'Oh no.' Anastasia says. She puts her hand on her forehead and sits down. 'After many complaints, he finally said that it was a delicious recipe and that he wants to have this more often for his last days here at the castle.' Anastasia gets up and starts jumping, everyone is cheering and is happy for her.

Anastasia is cleaning up the kitchen and Celia is there too. 'I want to congratulate you, you did well this afternoon. I'm proud of you, maybe someday you could be in charge after all.' Anastasia smiles and says 'Maybe.' Celia gets up and Anastasia shouts to her 'May I maybe...' 'Yes, yes and yes. You can have a day off.' Celia interrupts her. 'How do you know I wanted to ask?' 'I didn't know, I hoped so.' Celia says. 'It's just for a few hours.' She says quickly. 'No, take a few days off, go into the village. Discover things, get to know new people.' Celia says hopefully. Anastasia sighs 'Where am I going to sleep?' 'Get a hotel or something.' Celia says. 'Why do you want me out? You know I don't like being far away from the castle.' Celia goes over to her. 'I don't want you away, I want you to enjoy yourself. Do the things you like and you're not far away, it's in the village.' 'Celia.' Anastasia says softly. 'I wish you a lot of fun, sweetheart.' She says, giving her a kiss on the forehead.

In the morning Anastasia is out on her horse. She sees Arthur talking to a horse and starts to laugh.

'Are you a horse whisperer already?' She asks and he laughs 'Just a little bit, they know what I'm talking about

'Are you a horse whisperer already?' She asks and he laughs 'Just a little bit, they know what I'm talking about. Sometimes they listen better than people.' 'I don't believe that.' says Anastasia. 'Watch it.' He says, whispering something to the horse. The horse runs away, makes a few jumps and comes back. 'You see.' 'That doesn't prove anything.' Laughs Anastasia. 'What's doing, miss I- stay- inside- the-castle- walls, outside?' Arthur asks. 'I went to see if Darian sent anything.' 'And?' He asks and she shakes her head. 'Nothing, we will have to wait and see.' 'Have you heard from him since he left?' 'No, but it's possible, he's probably busy.' Anastasia says, nodding. 'I happen to be going to the village today.' she says quickly. 'Oh, I might see you there.' Arthur says with a smile. 'Maybe because you can come, it's in a kind of cafe.'