XIV

Olivia and Draco walked down the street from the apparition point, to the cemetery.

Olivia had been there early this morning before breakfast. It was now evening and Olivia wanted to go before dark.

"Are you 100% sure you want to come with me?" Olivia asked Draco.

"I'm positive," Draco kissed her temple and grabbed her hand.

Olivia led them to a tiny gravestone, a size that should never have to be buried.

"Hi Ava, it's mummy. I came back with Draco this time. He wanted to meet you," Olivia said quietly, since there was a couple not too far from where they were.

Draco looked a little uncomfortable and sat next to Olivia.

"You don't have to say anything if you don't feel comfortable, Draco. I know it seems weird to talk to a gravestone," Olivia reassured him. Draco nodded and listened to Olivia as she spoke to her daughter.

"Ava if you can hear mummy, can you send a yellow dragonfly or a breeze?" Olivia asked, leaning against Draco.

They sat there for a couple minutes, and a yellow dragonfly landed on the stone.

Olivia wiped a tear and smiled, "thank you."

Draco found the courage and spoke.

"Hi Ava. I'm your mummy's boyfriend. I never met you, but shes told me all about you. My name is Draco, and I promise that I will protect her with my life," he said, stumbling over a couple words.

A breeze rustles the leaves, making a pink flower fall onto the stone.

"I think she likes you," Olivia giggled a little and looked up at Draco.

"Dray, if you don't mind, I'd like to stay a little longer, alone," she said, looking down.

"I understand, I'll see you at home, yeah?" He nodded and gave her a kiss.

"If I'm not home by 8, come check on me," she smiled and watched him leave.

She placed her hand on the grave, tracing the engravings.

"Your uncle Fred and uncle George told me to tell you they said Hi. Grandpa said he loves you. Tonks says hi, too. I wish they could've met you. Grandpa keeps a picture of your ultrasound in his wallet. Says that you'll forever be the favorite, but I think you're mummy's favorite," Olivia laughed.

She sat there for a couple minutes, silence was comforting.

"I could help but overhear a little but is this your baby?" The older woman asked.

"Yes," Olivia looked down, knowing the woman was probably judging her for her age.

"Was the boy you were with the father?" She asked, sitting on the bench by another stone and placing a flower and a small blue teddy bear.

Olivia turned red and looked down with a bit of shame, "oh, um, no. Hes my boyfriend. I wanted him to meet her."

"No need to feel ashamed, dear. This is my son. He's not my husband's, but my husband took him in as his own before his leukemia got to him," the older woman smiled.

"I'm sorry," Olivia said, looking at the lady.

"Thank you, and I hope everything is well, stay safe," the woman said before taking her husband's arm and walking out.

September 3, 1997

I went to see Ava today. Draco came with me. She sent another yellow dragonfly. Going to talk to her had been helping overcome the grief. Even if she isn't here physically, my baby is still here.
-Olivia

———————

It had been a week since Olivia went to see Ava. She had gotten busy with some work. She had been working on her painting for about five hours. She didn't even notice Draco walk in, his hair messy from sleeping, and his sleep pants low on his hips.

"Babe, it's 7 in the morning, what are you doing up?" He asked, picking up the tea that had gone cold.

"Couldn't sleep, came to paint," she said, giving him an apologetic smile.

"Come back to bed, darling," Draco sighed and placed the brush in the water, leading her back to their room.

Olivia followed, and looked down at her lap, not wanting to sleep.

Draco noticed and pulled her into his lap, "alright, tell me the truth."

"I don't want to have a nightmare," Olivia mumbled.

"And why would you have a nightmare?" He asked, running his hands over her bare thighs. Olivia shivered at his touch and her breath hitched. She could only focus on how his hands felt against her skin.

"I-I dont remember," she stuttered, his lips pressing against hers, as he laid back.
Her hands tangled through his hair, and she rocked her hips against his.

"Fuck, princess," Draco breathed out as she kissed below his jaw line, his hands squeezing her ass as she grounded against him. Her soft moans distracting him from anything else he could think about.

"Fuck me," she whimpered out as he flipped them over. His hands immediately went under her white tshirt, smirking at the lack of a bra.

"So good for me," he mumbled against her neck, kissing her collarbone.

———————

Olivia slept until about 10, after their early morning love making.

Draco was reading when Olivia woke.

"Good morning, princess," Draco smiled as she snuggled into his side.

"Come on love, wake up, Harry, Neville, and Luna are coming to visit," Draco tried to get her out of bed.

Olivia got ready, still sore from this morning, but ignored it when she ran to hug three of her friends.