Patience and Sarah.

The next day, Sabrina woke up and rushed to the shower. It was only around 5 in the morning, but she can't wait to meet up with Victoria. This time, she didn't look out the window, nor did she check the keys in her pocket or if the door was locked. She did still dry her hair but only very briefly and hurried to the café.

Ted looked up at her, smiling, and said:

"A very good morning to you! Shall I get you matcha and Danish?"

Sabrina thought of getting Victoria her coffee, but it was way too early for her to even be up, so she just settled for an order for one.

"Yes, please. Thank you so much."

"Coming right up. You may take your table." He said winking.

By now, he too has figured out exactly which days she and Tori comes around the RV. It was a great feeling for Sabrina, that feeling of familiarity.

As she neared their table though, she saw the book Patience and Sarah carefully placed atop the table.

She picked it up and looked around.

That's odd. No one else is here. She thought.

She sat down and saw that Ted was already on his way to serve her order.

"Uh, Ted, did someone sit here earlier?" Sabrina asked.

"Yeah. Victoria was here." He replied casually.

Sabrina was perplexed when she heard this.

Tori was already here?

"Around what time, Ted?"

"Half an hour ago. I thought it was weird she was so early, but since you're here I thought you were to meet each other earlier than usual so I didn't think much of it."

Ted saw the concern on Sab's face, so he said, "Maybe she just had to get something. She should be back, right?"

Sabrina was silent for a moment.

"Was she the one reading this book?" Sabrina asked inquisitively.

"Not sure about reading, but she had it then, yeah."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, she only flipped through it. Then put it down the table, as you saw it." Ted said and then excused himself.

Sabrina waited for Ted to disappear behind the bar. She held the book and brushed her palm against the cover. Heart throbbing, she lightly flipped the pages and sure enough, there was a folded paper on one of the pages.

Opening the paper, she instantly recognized Tori's handwriting. With trembling hands, she started to read:

"Sab,

I won't make it to our Rendezvous today. I'm sorry. I wanted to be the person who stayed, Sab. I wanted to be the person you wanted to stay. But yesterday, I figured I could never be that person because not because I don't want to but because you don't want me to..."

Sabrina's tears had started to flow...

You have no idea how strongly I feel for you, Sab. Or maybe you do, you just don't want to see it. I hope you can look at yourself the way I see you. A beautiful, strong, and courageous woman. You are not undeserving of love and attention, but maybe you're just not ready for now.

I want to leave my number here so bad, and maybe leave my full name too. That way, if you ever change your mind, you can look me up. But, I don't want to do anything that will be another reason for you to be angry at me.