The Exhibit.

As she was putting on her tie, Victoria, breathed heavily. She should feel happy. Everything she worked so hard for has finally happened. It's not every day a person like her, who came from nothing, is given a chance to show what she could do.

Her phone beeped, and she saw a message from her agent Melissa, that she's already down at her building waiting for her by the limo.

She hurried out and got into the lift.

As she was going down, she can't help but wish that Sabrina would change her mind. That she would break free from whatever is holding her back and come to the studio for her.

At the lobby, she nodded towards the security and saw the black limousine outside. The door swung open, and an elderly lady was inside ushering her in – Melissa.

"Hey, you! Looking good!"

"Thanks." Tori faked a smile. "Really? A limo?" she asked.

"We gotta go in in style, right?" she replied. Noticing a rather chilly demeanor, she asked "Tori, are you okay?

"Nothing. Just..." Tori sighed and said, "stomach upset."

"Today's the worst time to have an upset stomach," Melissa said shaking her head.

"We have people to meet, possible buyers, and a roomful of critiques. So, toughen up sweetheart."

"I know. Let's just go and get it over with." Tori sighed and they drove away.

***

Victoria's exhibit depicted women of all shapes, sizes, and every emotion she could put together. From a silhouette of a woman who looks like she was receiving an award with smeared mascara, a little girl looking at another girl hopefully, and the lady whose back is turned against the audience wrapped in her misery beyond a gleeful scenery.

People go up to her to shake her hand and give her words of encouragement and appreciation.

"You're gonna go big in this industry"

"It has a bit of everything, dear. But the drama of it all is outstanding."

"This is amazing... Wherever are your ideas birthed?"

"Congratulations on a very successful exhibit."

"If you don't mind, I'm taking this one... To whom should I address the cheque?"

"It's a wonderful collection, Tori! I am so proud of you." Melissa exclaimed.

Tori was in the middle of a crowd and was receiving praises left and right. She feels truly blessed, but none seem to matter. After an hour, she excused herself saying that she needed to pour herself a drink, and walked away. Melissa was quick to take charge of all inquiries for sales apart from the other things. On the way to the bar, she saw a glimpse of her final piece.

It was an artwork of a harmonious blend of white and blue hues. A faceless lady in a shroud of a white top, sitting at a table with a book and in front of the window. There was a sense of peace and tranquility in the painting, and the strokes were bold but gentle.

 There was a sense of peace and tranquility in the painting, and the strokes were bold but gentle