Taking Risks

"I'm surprised you're late..." Tori said standing up to greet Sabrina, who just come in.

"I am so sorry. I got... held up." Sabrina replied.

She was rarely late to their meetup at the RV. She would normally be the first to arrive and order for both her and Tori.

They kissed each other on the cheek.

"Not an issue, eh. I know I always make you wait for like a minute or two."

Sabrina smiled, "Yes. You never are the early type, are you?"

"Sorry about that. It's only like 2 minutes though."

"It's okay. I'm usually 15 minutes early to any kind of meeting though so I don't blame you."

"I noticed," Tori said rolling her eyes, "so even if I'm 5 minutes early, it would still look like I'm late because you're already there."

Sabrina smiled. "Thanks for the Danish and tea though." She commented after seeing that Tori's already pre-ordered for her.

"Tea's still hot," Tori said as they both sat down.

"It's a warm day, isn't it?" Sabrina started.

"It is. I had to sleep naked last night."

This made Sabrina blush, the thought of Tori just lying down naked on a bed... She shook the thought.

God, what's wrong with me? Sabrina complained.

"You're blushing!" Tori teased.

"I am not!"

"You've never seen another woman naked before, yea?" Tori asked, "That's a general question."

"Well, if you must know... I've never been intimate with someone before," Sabrina said trying to be casual.

"That's a'right. The lesser frogs you kiss before you find your princess, the better."

"Well, what if I don't want a princess?" Sabrina replied.

"What do you want?"

"A queen," Sabrina said playfully.

"That sounds a lot like me!" Tori engaged.

Sabrina rolled her eyes and replied, "You always think it's you, don't you? How are you a queen, exactly?"

Tori thought about how to answer this without giving too much information.

"For one, I don't answer to anyone. The answer to me." She said thinking about her agent relying on when she will finish the rest of her artworks for her exhibit come Sunday.

"Second, I require no regent even when I was young because I can take care of myself." She replied thinking about how she's an orphan and always had to do things for herself.

"And thirdly, I don't need a man to run my life. I live it in my terms, Sab."

Sabrina stared at Tori, curious what the story was behind those statements.

"I'm glad to hear that." She said, more inspired.

"How about ya? What makes Sabrina a queen?"

Sabrina blushed and said, "I don't... I, Uhm." Sabrina paused and thought long and hard, but she can't think of anything, so she said, "I don't think I'm much of a queen."

At this thought, Sabrina felt sad. She can't think that she's a queen. A queen is a powerful figure, never afraid to decide and make up her mind. Never afraid to try new things and face the consequences. While she, she couldn't even tell Tori the truth about her being a novelist and her being her muse and her being an absolute nobody who can barely write.

If it hadn't been for Tori, I wouldn't have written about anything at all.

Sabrina looked up at the smiling Tori.

"You're just selling yourself short, Sab," Tori said gayly.

"Thing is, I'm not. I have an average life. I don't do what kids nowadays call a Yolo."

"YOLO is just living your life on your terms."

"I'm always afraid."

"Do you know what you fear?"

"Anything..." she thought a moment more and added, "everything."

Sabrina thought about the fear she had if she couldn't write anymore. Going back to corporate life and sitting on a desk 40 hours a week. She's afraid of what her parents would say if they found out that she couldn't even make a story of her own. Afraid what her agent might feel if her new stories couldn't match up with the first one that was published.

"Hey..." Tori said as she touched Sabrina's chin with her fingers, and continued,

"Do you... wanna get out of here?"

"Where to? We never leave here." Sabrina said.

"We'll come back here later if you want."

"But where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." Tori's smile was so warm, Sabrina thought;

No one could ever say no to this woman.

They both stood up. Tori was holding Sabrina's hand as she led them out of the café.

I'm done playing by the rules, if where I'm taking her makes her realize what I am and what I do, it's a risk I'm willing to take.