CHAPTER 19: Brother?

Alfresca's POV:

When we both opened our eyes and I stared into his, it was at that moment I knew I was so deep in love with him and boy, I was so screwed.

Holy shit.

This is not a good thing. This is definitely not good. I slid my arms down his neck and lowered my eyes.

"I...I...have to go." I whispered, trying to get out of his grip.

He cupped my cheek gently. "What's wrong, love?"

I shook my head, refusing to look at him in his eyes. "Nothing, Ruslan. I...I...have some work."

He lifted my chin with his index finger, making me look at him. "I'm sorry, Alfresca if I forcefully kissed you. I--"

"No." I cut him off. "You didn't. I...um...liked it..." I admitted, blush covering my cheeks.

He caressed my cheek with his thumb. "Then what's wrong?"

"Ruslan. I am not feeling well. Can I just take a day off and be alone?"

He looked hurt but he nodded. "Sure."

"Thank you." I mumbled and moved past him and leaving without looking at him.

I ran down the stairs and into my room and threw myself on the bed, weeping.

You were not supposed to fall in love with him, Alfresca. You should have never be involved with him.

You are in a deep trouble.

I turned and laid down on my back, staring at the ceiling and wiped away my tears with the back of my palm.

I brushed my finger over my lips, the feeling of his lips upon mine still prominent.

My first kiss.

More tears fell remembering the look of hurt on his face. How to explain to him?

.
.
.

I found myself sitting on the dining table in the kitchen, later in the evening. There was no one there except Arthur who was heating me some food to eat since I didn't come out for lunch so, he dragged me out.

I was silent and lost in my thoughts, Arthur saw this but didn't comment on it.

He placed a plate of some grilled chicken with mashed potatoes in front of me and sat down beside me.

He nudged my shoulder when I didn't make an affort to reach for it. "Come on. Eat it or else I will finish it off. And there isn't any more food left so you will have to starve for the rest of the day." He pulled the plate closed to me.

"I'm not really hungry." I whispered, pushing the plate away.

"What's wrong, Alfresca? You took a day off and have not come out of your room for the whole afternoon and now you are refusing to eat." He inquired.

I closed my eyes. "It's nothing, Arthur."

"Did Mr Searlus hurt you?"

My head snapped to him. "Why would you think that?"

He shrugged. "You are quite close with him, aren't you?"

"H-how do you know?"

"The day of his mother's funeral, I saw him with you in the kitchen..." He said, by his tone he didn't sound angry or something.

A blush crawled up my neck. "I...um...Arthur... it's not what you think..."

He surprised me by saying nonchalantly. "It's okay..."