CHAPTER 16: Funeral

Alfresca's POV:

Waking up, I felt some weight on my body. I slowly opened my eyes and realised I was not in my room instead I was in Mr Searlus's room.

His one arm was wrapped around my body firmly and his head rested over my chest as he slept peacefully.

My eyes fell on the clock on the wall, it was going to be seven in the morning.

I should better leave.

Slowly and carefully, I lifted his arm off my body. Just as I lifted it, a groan left his mouth and he wrapped his arm around my body again.

Please don't wake up. I chanted in my head and waited for a minute before I again lifted his arm off my body.

This time I was successful and then I gently lifted his head and moving aside, placed it on the pillow. A frown etched on his face as soon as I placed his head on the pillow and his arm roamed the bed as if searching for me.

Before he could wake up, I picked up another pillow and placed it near him and as soon as his hand touched it, he wrapped his arm around it and snuggled into it.

A small giggle escaped my mouth and I leaned closer to him and placed a light kiss on his forehead. And then I dashed away from there.

I prayed to God that no one sees me as I walked down the stairs because how will I explain what exactly I was doing up there so early in the morning.

Thankfully, God answered my prayers and no one saw me coming down the stairs and I ran inside my room.

I can't believe I slept with him. I mean just slept and nothing else.

This is wrong. This is so wrong. I am doing exactly what Arthur warned me against.

Oh shit. I even have to give him his breakfast. That too in his bedroom.

Oh shit. This is bad.

I am not going to give him his breakfast.

Then he will kill you. This is your job!

I groaned loudly.

Maybe Arthur might help me.

So, I first took a short shower and brushed my teeth and I walked outside to the kitchen a few minutes before eight to find Arthur.

Fortunately, he was talking to me again.

I found him talking to one of the helpers and I walked to him. "Arthur?"

He dismissed the boy he was talking to and turned to me. "Yes, Alfresca?"

"I...um...well...I am not feeling well today. I feel so exhausted...can you please give Mr Searlus his breakfast instead of me? Please?" I lied.

He thought for a moment. "Fine. I'll ask Geordi to let me in. You go rest."

I grinned. "Thank you!" And feeling relieved I walked back to my room.

.
.
.

It was mid afternoon and I heard from Arthur that Mr Searlus didn't go to work again and was asking about me when he took his breakfast to his room and Arthur told him that I was not feeling well to which he didn't comment.

I was currently washing the dishes in the kitchen. Having done my part, I washed my hands and turned off the tap and felt a presence behind me.

Before I could turn around to see who it was, that person placed both his hands on the sink, on either side of my body trapping me in between him and the sink.