Chapter Eight

The three spend some time together and try to distract Lizzie from what's been going on. Lizzie has a confession. 

Hope wants to distract Lizzie from what is going on. Both her and Penelope know that their blonde girlfriend is very stressed out and quite frankly a total mess. Hope decides that on Friday, they will all go over to Penelope's place for a spa night. While neither Hope or Penelope is overly into spa type stuff, they know their girlfriend is, and are happy to do it for her.

On Thursday afternoon after doing her homework, Hope borrow her Aunt Freya's car to head to the store and buy supplies. She purchases three face masks (strawberry, blueberry, and coconut scented), several bottles of nail polish, and some vanilla scented lotion. Hope also grabs various bags of candy and a bottle of Sprite, which she knows is Lizzie's favorite soda. Once finished, she heads back to her house and goes to bed, a smile on her face. She hopes her plan to distract Lizzie from the bullying, even if just for the night, will work.

******

After school Friday, they all get into Penelope's car. The raven haired girl texted Lizzie earlier that morning to pack an overnight bag, having been informed of Hope's plan earlier that week. Lizzie did so, and now she sits in the back seat, swinging her legs back and forth. She is excited for what her girlfriends have planned and is looking forward to forgetting about her worries, even if it is just for the night.

"You two going to tell me what the plan is?" Lizzie questions her girls.

"Nope," Hope replies.

"Sorry babe. I've been sworn to secrecy," Penelope tells the blonde, turning and smiling widely at her.

Lizzie pouts, and both Penelope and Hope have to do their best not to give in. Lizzie is rather adorable when she pouts. The blonde knows that she can usually get her way with her girlfriends when she pouts. 

They arrive at Penelope's about five minutes later and head inside. Boscoe greets them, tail wagging happily. The dog follows the trio upstairs and they sit  on the floor. Lizzie's bright blue eyes light up and Hope pulls out the bag of spa stuff.

"What do you say to a spa night, love?" Hope questions.

"That sounds amazing. I love you both so much," Lizzie replies, smiling so wide that her cheeks hurt.

"We love you too, baby girl. Now, I don't know how any of this shit works, so you'll have to take the lead," Penelope tells Lizzie.

Lizzie nods, taking the supplies from Hope. The rest of the night is filled with spa treatments and laughter as Lizzie applies the face masks and does their nails. They each apply lotion and wash their face masks off before Hope and Lizzie curl up on Penelope's giant king size bed, waiting for Penelope to join them. Penelope does so after she takes Boscoe out to use the bathroom before bed. As they snuggle together under the covers, Lizzie whispers something that makes Hope and Penelope's hearts sink in their chests: "I'm planning on running away."