The Boy In The Iceberg Pt. 2

There were rings of blue circling the sky before it disappeared, Sokka was shielding Katara, and Katara was shielding Mara. After the wind went away the trio looked up at where the iceberg once was, there was still light coming from it as they all stood at once. Sokka pushing Katara back in protection, and Katara still holding on to Mara just in case they needed to run. A boy around Mara's age or a year older appeared out of the now crater, Sokka held up his staff as he yelled.

"Stop!"

The boy stood at full attention and stared down at the three siblings, Katara looked on with fear, Sokka with a glare and Mara looked on with wonder. The lights began to fade and the boy's tattoos stopped glowing as well, he began to go forward causing Mara to gasp and rush out of Katara's arms and towards the falling boy. She held the boy's head in her right arm and his shoulder in her left, her eyes widened when she watched her brother begin poking the bald tattooed head of the boy with the other end of the spear.

"Stop it!" Mara scolded the older boy as she pushed the spear away.

Hearing the boy groan she turned to look at him, resting him against the pile of snow in front of them instead. The boy's eyes began twitching, and then they finally opened. Grey peered into blue orbs, and the boy couldn't help but gasp at how beautiful the girl in front of him was. The wind blew her hair slightly, and she smiled at the boy in worry.

"I need to ask you something." The boy told the Mara.

"What?" Mara questioned him with worry.

"Please come closer." The boy tiredly says.

Mara blushed slightly as she realized she couldn't get any closer then they already are, she was face to face with him. 

"What is it?" Mara asked him again.

The boy looked up at her with a tired expression on his face, before suddenly becoming lively again as he asked excitedly.

"Will you go penguin sledding with me?"

Mara's eyes widened as she raised an eyebrow at the boy resting on the pile.of snow before her, she sat up straight and glanced over at her siblings in confusion, both of them shrugging their shoulders. Mara looked back at the boy before her as she said with a small smile.

"Sure, I guess."

The boy smiled at her widely before somehow lifting himself off the ground, Mara and Katara watched in amazement while he did so. Sokka yelled in fright and pointed his spear at the boy once more, Katara glared at him and hit his shoulder to tell him to stop but he refused to listen.

"What's going on here?" The boy asked the trio, while rubbing his head and looking around at the ice, snow and water.

"You tell us!" Sokka exclaimed as he pointed at the iceberg before repointing his spear at him once more. "How did you get in the ice? And why aren't you frozen?"

Sokka poked the boy lightly with his spear to prove his point, the boy looked at him annoyed before touching the spear and moving it away from him.

"I'm not sure." He said.

He then made a shooing motion to Sokka to make sure the spear stayed away from him as he looked around in wonder, the four heard a growling sound and the boy gasped. The boy began climbing what's left of the iceberg and into the crater, he slid down the ice easily and wandered over to a big hairy animal.

"Appa! Are you alright?" He asked the big animal as he landed on its head, he leaned down towards his eye as he opened the eyelid and said. "Wake up buddy."

The boy jumped off for the animal's head and in front of its nose instead, his back was turned to the animal and he lifted the upper lip up and grunted trying to lift the animal. The siblings walked around the iceberg's wall and their mouths dropped seeing the animal behind the boy, suddenly a pink tongue picked up the boy and lifted him in the air before setting him back down as the boy exclaimed with laughter.